Menu
geebeenumber5
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

360 package

Hi

We currently use a V6 box in one room and a TIVO box in the other.  Yesterday we took receipt of the 360 package.  I’m confused; there was only one tv box in the package but 2 remotes. Am I to assume that the tv box i refer to is the ‘mini 360 box’ and that the existing V6 box software is upgraded to a main 360 receiver when we activate the system or should we have received another box? Hope this makes sense?

JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 360 package

If the new box is slimmer than the current V6 box then this is indeed the mini which is intended to replace the TiVO.

When the new 360 remote is paired with the existing V6 box it should get new software and then the setup of the 360 Mini should continue.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
geebeenumber5
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the helpful reply JitteryPinger.  It’s a pity that the department in Virgin Media don’t send a clear instruction of what to expect in the package. All we received was an email saying:

Your new package now includes:
TV: Virgin TV 360 Mini box - Virgin TV 360 box
We've removed:
TV: TiVo Monthly Fee - Virgin TV V6 Box. powered by TiVo

As a result I expected to find 2 new boxes in the package. There was no information to say that the existing V6 should be retained and that the software would be upgraded on activation. As clear as mud or maybe I’m not  as technically minded as I thought! 

0 Kudos
BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hey there, did you not receive an email to invite you to this trial?  It should have said on there and on the landing page where you entered your details to upgrade, that we will be converting your existing V6 to 360 and sending you a mini to replace your TiVo

that said, you should also have received instructions so here they are below

Welcome to Virgin TV 360!

You should be receiving your new Virgin TV 360 package today; before you get started please familiarise yourself with these instructions.

What to expect:

You will receive two shiny new remotes, but only one new box. 

This isn’t a mistake, but this is because your existing V6 box will be magically converted to Virgin TV 360 using just the new remote.

The extra box is the Virgin TV 360 Mini box that will replace your TiVo box; which you can remove and dispose of responsibly.

What to do:

1. Watch any recorded shows before you upgrade (we can’t transfer them, and you deserve a duvet day). Just bear in mind your service will automatically update 5 days after this package arrived
  2. Please read these instructions first – please keep the remotes and the Mini box in the packaging for now
  3. Start your upgrade by turning on your V6 and selecting “Upgrade to Virgin TV 360 now” from the Home screen, or by launching the Virgin TV 360 app in the Apps and Games folder
  4. Follow the steps on screen with your existing V6 remote until you’re asked to swap.
  5. Need a verification code? Enter: 847446
  6. Once the V6 has been upgraded to Virgin TV 360, you can now swap your TiVo box for your shiny new 360 Mini box.  

Need a hand?

Find help, FAQs and handy tips at www.virginmedia.com/360install

geebeenumber5
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks BlueLou. In answer to your questions: Yes I received an email invite to upgrade to 360 but I didn’t take it up at the time because my other half had a load of recordings she wanted to watch first. Despite not asking for it I received a further email 2 days later informing me that my upgrade package was in the post and would be arriving by courier. The information you provided to me about what to expect was new to me and is very helpful....thank you. Unfortunately, because I was expecting 2 boxes (I had no idea I was to keep the V6 to upgrade), I spent a considerable time on the phone to Virgin complaining that only one box had been received therefore the package was incomplete. At no stage did the 2 people I spoke with advise me that the package was correct (as your explanation clarifies) and it ended up yesterday that they were going to reorder and send me the ‘missing’ box. Obviously if the information you provided me with had been received earlier then the confusion would not have resulted. Hey ho!  Thank you once more for your help. 

0 Kudos