cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 output 50hz?

keasy
Superfast

As per title.

I use an oled LG CX with a V6 and the difference between V6 at 50hz and live broadcast at 60hz on motion is night and day.

Does the 360 still output at 50hz?

Thx

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, and neither does any other set top box/DVD player sold in the UK, or indeed mainland Europe. The only ones that do are built for the US market, as the US mains frequency is 60Hz.

Most modern HD & 4k sets can expand the refresh rate to 60Hz or even 120Hz, but as all UHD TV Broadcasts in the UK have a "Frame Rate" of 25 or 50 per second, any other equipment has no reason to change it.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

All linear TV from VM is broadcast at 576i50, 1080i50 or 2160p50. There is, of course, a big variation from other sources such as Netflix, Prime Video, YouTube and BBC iPlayer. For several years all European TVs, and many from other parts of the world, have supported both 50Hz and 60Hz sources without a problem, although I believe that TVs made specifically for the North American market support only 60Hz sources. What's your 60Hz source?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection