Menu
kirk1690
Superfast
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

360 on v6

I’m a bit confused about this ,can the 360 system be upgraded to work on my three v6 boxes without having those mini boxes and do I need to subscribe to the ultimate oomph package ?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 on v6

If you have existing V6 boxes, then a migration to 360 is just a software update to your existing hardware - there's more info at https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/customer/virgin-tv-360-upgrade 

Mini boxes (without hard drives) are only applicable for additional box installs. Equally you can request a migration on any TV bundle, you don't need to be on UO. The only difference with UO is that the change is probably nil, whereas you'll pay on other packages.

Having said all that, if you have 3 boxes, you might be out of luck with requesting the migration. There are currently restrictions on changing more than 2 boxes that require engineer visits. The exact reasons for this are a little unclear, but the end result is that 2 boxes can be migrated via self-serve methods, but 3 or more can't be done until such time as VM allow "non-fault" home appointments.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks