cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 not able to pause or rewind and also will not record

70sven
Joining in

Hello

Any help with the following issue would be very much appreciated, I have tried VM support on 3 occasions but they seem unable to help apart from reading off their default onscreen instructions.

My 360 TV will not pause or rewind, it also won’t record - it responds with a “technical fault occurred” or “CS2200”. It seems to correct itself by switching off at the mains but then the errors occur again after a few hours.

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Superstar

Sounds like a hard drive problem, you need to phone Virgin 150 from your Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait for one of the Forum team to respond as you have already spoken to support, you could try again and maybe get an engineer sent out to replace your box.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

You could try a factory reset if you haven't already tried that, go to Settings > System > Factory Reset

It's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options,

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choosing Keep Recordings, means you won't lose your recordings if you have any and any planned recordings or series links you've set up, but you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again, also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

If you haven't got any recordings you could try the Format Disk option.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @70sven,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with your TV 360 box recently. Has the advice that's been offered by @roy247 regarding performing a reset helped at all?

Let us know if you need some further assistance with this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hello Roy247.

Thankyou very much for your advice. I carried out the full factory reset and it appears to have resolved my problems, I left it for 24 hours to make sure before responding on the forum.

Much appreciate your valuable advice, this needs to be conveyed to the VM advisors as they all seem to think that it is a broadband/WiFi/router issue and just go through basic procedures without listening about the issues.

Thanks very much.

Hi 70sven,

Good to hear everything is OK, should the problem come back or you also get the CS6002 "can't find hard drive" error you will need the box replacing, but let's hope not and everything stay's working. 🤞

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@70sven wrote:

Hello Roy247.

Thankyou very much for your advice. I carried out the full factory reset and it appears to have resolved my problems, I left it for 24 hours to make sure before responding on the forum.

Much appreciate your valuable advice, this needs to be conveyed to the VM advisors as they all seem to think that it is a broadband/WiFi/router issue and just go through basic procedures without listening about the issues.

Thanks very much.

That is a possibility. Horizon V360 works on a server based system, as in the rest of Europe (excluding Ireland) it is used to record programmes to the cloud & not a local hard disk. In the UK & Ireland broadcaster restrictions currently prevent anything other than local storage. So the server your box talks to sees your hard disk as a cloud location, & holds the "Master list" of recordings on your box. Therefore if there is a problem with your Broadband connection your box cannot contact the server, so cannot play recordings you have listed even though they sit on the same box as the hard disk.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks