Menu
Blakeich
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

360 needs to put recordings back to individual boxea.

The 360 really need to put the ability to record different things on different boxes. I have 2 v6 boxes upgraded fo 360. However only one of them is utilised for recording with everyone's recordings in the same place. This doesn't help as people watch things and delete things at different times. 

not only that I now have a 1tb with no recordings all all on as it can't use it. sort it out virgin. 

Royalbeech
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 needs to put recordings back to individual boxea.

Both boxes are capable of recording, you just need to select the box you want to record on when setting up the recording.

When setting up a series link go to advanced and select which box you require, note when you select which box you want it will be the same, the next time you go to set a recording.

It would be nice to see how much each box has on it? To allow you to make a judgement on where to record the next show. 

Anway, all us people who have changed to 360 and still have both original v6 boxes, have the envies 2 TB available for use.

Paul. 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As the facility has been built into the firmware to achieve this it seems stupid not to continue its use. After all the main competition has a 2TB master box for utilising UHD. If you want to record UHD on VM with a one HDD setup resources become very limited.

It would make sense to offer a choice of Multiroom setup, & pay a few quid more a month if the additional box has the record facility. It’s a situation where everyone wins.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Blakeich
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Is there a section to see all series links and which box they are going too? cause ive clicked on edit on one program it only allows you to edit what recording time is. it doesn't allow you to change box etc 

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Blakeich wrote:

Is there a section to see all series links and which box they are going too? cause ive clicked on edit on one program it only allows you to edit what recording time is. it doesn't allow you to change box etc 

You might find the content of this thread useful:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/New-boxes-and-I-can-record-to-both/td-p/4594900 

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos