cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 keeps buffering when watching recordings same time every night

Mellis1
Joining in

Every night around same time if watching a recording it keeps buffering “network too busy” but no other streaming or significant usage on any other device etc. it is incredibly frustrating as nothing else is streaming so what’s going on?! It’s around 8 pm every day. Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mellis1! 👋 Welcome back to the community! Thank you for posting to make us aware of this issue with your TV360 buffering. Often when these kinds of issues occur, particularly alongside a 'network too busy' message there is an issue on the broadband connection side of things. Ahead of sending you a PM to look at the broadband side of things it would also be good to know a few additional pieces of information:

-Does this only happen on recordings rather than live TV

-How long has this issue been going on for?

-Does the problem seem to stop at a specific time? And is it occurring at any other times of day or in any other noticeable pattern?

-Have you checked all of the cables are nice and secure at the back of the box?

-Have you tried rebooting the box (turning it off at the switch on the back, and restarting it)? So any updates may be able to install. 

-Have you checked the amount of disk space available? If not please do! You can do this by following these steps:

1. Press the 'Menu' button on your remote control.
  2. Select 'Settings'
  3. Select 'Diagnostic' and press 'ok'
  4. Select 'Disk space' (5th item listed)

You can also run through the troubleshooting steps here 👉https://virg.in/fixyourtv

Let us know about these questions and then we can continue to best offer support! Thank you for your patience in the meantime whilst we investigate and help get this sorted. 

All the best

Molly

Hi Molly and thanks for the reply. We have checked all cables and rebooted everything. the buffering only happens roughly 7.30–8.30 but not every night. It only happens on Virgin TV 1, the other TV is in the bedroom-no issues. Both are 360 and TV 1 has 15% disk space used and bedroom has 5%.

No issues with live TV, only some recordings and catch-up.

Any ideas?

Mary

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Which TV360 boxes do you have? Are they both master boxes with hard drives, or is one a mini-box that's half the height of the master? I ask because...

All of the activities you mention as problematic, have in common that they are streamed from your homehub to what I suspect is your mini-box. Recordings are on the master box, and OnDemand is internet-fed.

Which leads to the obvious question of how both your TV360 are connected to your home-hub - are they using an Ethernet cable or wireless?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi , no mini box had 2 V boxes, bedroom box updated to 360 before living room one. Don’t know if that is relevant!? Both wireless.

thanks

mary

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are the recordings in question, being streamed from the other TV360-master? Or are they stored on the HDD from which you are viewing? That's the critical bit here.

If the commonality is that streaming content is problematic, my suspicion is that this could be a wireless issue. Is it feasible to connect this box to your homehub via an Ethernet cable, to prove this? Do any other wireless devices have problems in this location at the same time?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi interesting re where they are stored as I have only just realised that might be the issue so I am in the process of deleting recordings and setting up new series link on the different TV’s. It will take some time so I will see in time

Thanks @Mellis1

Keep us posted!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs