Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

360 install - Blind leading blind

We had a 360 box installed yesterday but the 'engineer' had obviously had negligible if any, training and was completely at a loss how to do it. He had to make numerous calls back to base but the person at the other end seemed little wiser. He was thrown by the message 'Box loading programme data' and obviously didn't realise that this takes a long time - he kept switching off and on and then re-booted to try and clear the message. More phone calls. Then he found that the remote was not linked to the TV, another phone call. I suggested he look in settings but he couldn't find settings(!) until I explained that the cog-wheel icon is normally for settings. He then had a dazed expression looking at the options but, with my help, he eventually found the setting for the TV make - he asked me what make it was even though it was right in front of his face - but the remote still didn't work. Another phone call. He changed the batteries in the remote(!) but then decided that it must be faulty so said that he, or someone else, would have to return tomorrow because he 'was not trained in technical matters' - an understatement! I was pleased to see the back of him.
When he had gone it took me about 30 seconds to suss out that he hadn't inputted the TV model number, which I did and it then worked fine. 
How could Virgin send someone so useless??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 install - Blind leading blind

COVID-19 ?

Been a universal reason/excuse for everybody's Customer Services - Bulb Energy, Thames Water, Local Council, County Council, etc

Why not Virgin Media play me too?
pdfbt40
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry you had that experience, i assume it's all working fine now? 

Our engineers are one of our best assets, responses from customers show that they make a very positive impact on customer installs, especially compared to when we used third party engineers previously.  It's no consolation to you in this instance but please believe it was an exception rather than the norm. 

Most engineers are very well trained in 360, many have had it at home for nearly a year now. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for responding - I trust that the engineer in question will be re-trained.

Yes, the box is working well and, though not perfect, we like it, particularly the voice command facility.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Some technicians live off network and have little usage of the 360 box, its not very common to have one at the moment. I was trained at the start of the year and have only installed about 5 of them, Im lucky I have one so have had plenty of practice. Its such a shame that you think the technician is useless because he is unfamiliar with the new box.
I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos