Menu
Dereklad
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

360 cost

Right i  wanted a change and went into online chat to get 360 software upgrade and remote.. i was paying £111 and month as in screen shot ..and the person said if you get maxit package well send new 360 software and remote for £114 a month..Ive been with virgin since the beginning of time but was just wondering what other people ore paying.

i get the feeling everybody is paying different prices and if your a long term customer virginIMG_0086.jpeg

dont really give a toss..

put the price you pay below so we all know what the deal is,if you want, for transparency..

Cable customer from its inception in 80's in Birmingham .have never missed a bill payment.my package is big kahuna xl tv..200mb internet..and free sky movies for 6 months..v6 box
Ps5& .
+size 9 feet..iphone 11 plus..
0 Kudos
WoahWoahUser
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 cost

@Dereklad wrote:

Right i  wanted a change and went into online chat to get 360 software upgrade and remote.. i was paying £111 and month as in screen shot ..and the person said if you get maxit package well send new 360 software and remote for £114 a month..Ive been with virgin since the beginning of time but was just wondering what other people ore paying.

i get the feeling everybody is paying different prices and if your a long term customer virginIMG_0086.jpeg

put the price you pay below so we all know what the deal is,if you want, for transparency..

I tried to upgrade my old TiVo to a V6 about a month ago and was told my price would be hiked again by £10 if I did so. However since the old TiVo had a fault and the replacement TiVo they sent was also faulty, I got a V6 box as another replacement.

I’ve just checked and my bill has gone up by £16 this month under “package changes”?! I haven’t made any changes at all! Someone please explain to me why i’ve been charged. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@WoahWoahUser wrote:

I’ve just checked and my bill has gone up by £16 this month under “package changes”?! I haven’t made any changes at all! Someone please explain to me why i’ve been charged. 

I'd recommend creating your own post in the account section (rather than adding to someone elses), and the staff team can probably pick up your query.

There's a few obvious suggestions that spring to mind, but I'm conscious that this thread was started by someone else and it's been added to with a "me too" that could become a different query entirely.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
acdeag
Dialled in
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@Dereklad wrote:

No phone?

You might find a dramatic reduction if you add a phone even if you never use it. By my reckoning adding a phone would reduce the cost to £94

Dereklad
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Ive got phone with it always have.it just dont metion it in that email screenshot for some reason.

i just read that some people pay £80 and im paying £114 and had to sign a new 18 contract.everyone seems to be on different prices.I feel that some long term customers are used as cash cows,where i think we should get it reduced for our loyalty to virgin media.i dong get it .

Cable customer from its inception in 80's in Birmingham .have never missed a bill payment.my package is big kahuna xl tv..200mb internet..and free sky movies for 6 months..v6 box
Ps5& .
0 Kudos
Royalbeech
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Dereklad,

You are going about it the wrong way, forget on line chat and customer services.

If you have a Virgin phone dial 150 and follow the menu to "I am thinking of leaving" this will take you to Retentions and they are the one that will give you the big discounts.

A couple of weeks ago I phoned them, I was on Maxit TV, 200BB and no phone (cost £83.50pm), one of my EE accounts was up for renewal (cost £45.50pm). asked if I could go onto the Oomph package at the newbe price or close to it? 

I am now on the Oomph pakage with the unlimited mobile sim and now saving £40 a mouth, with a much better package and to boot, I moved onto 360 and they wavied the £24.99 remote fee. I did have to pay the newbe activation fee of £35, but to save £40 a mouth it was a now brainer.

Give them a call.

Dereklad
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

878BC41B-E734-48D0-90D6-F9745B8D9BF3.jpeg

Ok royalbeach but.are you paying £89 a month,then it raises to £140 a month after 6 months or so.weve gotta watch the small print.

Ps5& .
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

£89/month is the standard "new customer" price for UO, £139/month the standard price.

You could ask 10 people on here what they paid, and likely get 10 different answers. A discount on the £139 in exchange for 18months re-contract isn't unreasonable.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Royalbeech
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I am on a 18 month contract, which isn't an issue to as I have no intention leaving VM, as no one else can offer me the same reliable BB.

At the end of the 18 months, just pick up the phone and re negotiate.

0 Kudos
acdeag
Dialled in
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@Dereklad wrote:

Ive got phone with it always have.it just dont metion it in that email screenshot for some reason.

i just read that some people pay £80 and im paying £114 and had to sign a new 18 contract.everyone seems to be on different prices.I feel that some long term customers are used as cash cows,where i think we should get it reduced for our loyalty to virgin media.i dong get it .

What doesn't make sense is that package you quote is £94 after offers. Do you have some other service which is adding £20 odd?

0 Kudos