cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 conversion with 2 V6 boxes, recordings.

Marco68
On our wavelength

I'm not sure if I have understood the definitive answer for this or not on the threads. I am about to convert to 360. I have two V6 boxes, one that my mother uses in the granny annexe and one that we use in the main house. We obviously use them independently from each other for recordings. Are we still going to be able to do this with 360? She is 81 and I want to make this as easy as possible to explain to her as she manages with the V6 box just fine at the moment. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tavis75
Super solver

Short answer, no, with the 360 all recordings are pooled and appear on all boxes, you will therefore need to teach your mother not to delete your recordings (especially as the 360 is also missing the undelete feature, plus many other features). And of course, if there's a program you both record things get even more complicated as it will only ever make one recording and if one person deletes it, it will be gone for both.

Long answer, as you have two V6 boxes they will both retain their hard disk but one box will be the master and all programs will record to that box by default and then get streamed to the other box when watched (so hopefully the internet connection between the two is decent), when setting a recording you can select which box it will record to, but that doesn't affect the pooling. There is an option to filter shows so only the ones on the current box are shown, but there is no way to default to that as far as I know.

It's probably too late for you, but a good rule of thumb is, if someone offers you a 360 box, say no!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

25 REPLIES 25

Tavis75
Super solver

Short answer, no, with the 360 all recordings are pooled and appear on all boxes, you will therefore need to teach your mother not to delete your recordings (especially as the 360 is also missing the undelete feature, plus many other features). And of course, if there's a program you both record things get even more complicated as it will only ever make one recording and if one person deletes it, it will be gone for both.

Long answer, as you have two V6 boxes they will both retain their hard disk but one box will be the master and all programs will record to that box by default and then get streamed to the other box when watched (so hopefully the internet connection between the two is decent), when setting a recording you can select which box it will record to, but that doesn't affect the pooling. There is an option to filter shows so only the ones on the current box are shown, but there is no way to default to that as far as I know.

It's probably too late for you, but a good rule of thumb is, if someone offers you a 360 box, say no!

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Marco68 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you back onto our community forum. 

As our member Tavis75 has mentioned, if you are still struggling please let us know.

We will further assist you. 

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

1701-e
Superfast

However you could set up the second box to open on her profile which could help 

Marco68
On our wavelength

How would I do that, do you know?

Marco68
On our wavelength

Is it too late to cancel 360, the remotes arrived yesterday?

I don't think profiles have any affect on the recordings displayed do they? I thought they only controlled the favourite channels list, the start point when watching a previously viewed program and the advertising you got shown. Which is kind of odd, as allowing each profile to have their own set of recordings seems massively more useful than any of the other, slightly useless functions of profiles. 

Fair enough.   I have a mini box so can't tell how two boxes with drives work. You post on recording to a specific box seems to be the best option 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Marco68,

Thanks for coming back to us about your TV 360 query. If you're wanting to amend the TV package, please get in touch with our team on 150/ 03454541111 so that we can ensure that your grandmother is happy with the products and services we're providing for her. 

If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Marco68 wrote:

Is it too late to cancel 360, the remotes arrived yesterday?

Once you've requested a conversion to TV360, you cannot revert. The time to do your research into the pros & cons is before asking to convert.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks