Menu
Howard1972
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

360 box

I’ve had three different 360 boxes and the Ethernet does not work without constant faults on these boxes they might work for a short time a matter of weeks then it’s constant faults of theirs a connection problem code cs9994 or cs9996 it happens with any Ethernet cable used I have tried all the same Ethernet cables with pc and router and PlayStations and they all work except in a 360 box and it’s been going on for months the whole time Since I got the 360s installed  come on virgin fix these issues as it’s ruining the virgin media experience.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 box

Hi Howard1972,

What happens if you remove the ethernet cables and try a wifi connection instead?

I have one 360 set up with ethernet, and another with wifi and neither have any issues.

Under network diagnostics they both show up as High Watch All (Ultra HD) under connection speed, and that includes using an ethernet connection  and either 2.4GHz or 5GHz bands via wifi

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Was your box installed as a 360, or was a converted V6?

I'm trying to establish whether the Ethernet connectivity has worked for you in a past life...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

You don’t say what you are doing when you get these errors.

What makes you think the error lies with the box’s Ethernet connection?

Reading the help for those error suggests a co-ax issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Howard1972
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Originally I had V6 and software upgrade then the box broke down and I’ve had two new 360 boxes both with the problem mentioned. Error CS9996 or cs9994 all other boxes before the 360 never had these errors.

0 Kudos
roy247
Super solver
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

If you only get these errors when watching live TV and on demand is ok then I would have thought it unlikely to have anything to do with the internet.

0 Kudos
Howard1972
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

The fault originally started when the box was wireless in the beginning so virgin installed a signal booster so I plugged in an Ethernet too the signal booster as it’s plugged in behind the tv thinking that would give maximum signal it worked fine for a few weeks then the errors came back again so I’ve gone back to wireless 360 and plugged Ethernet in PlayStation instead at the moment it seems ok but it was only yesterday so too early to know if it’s going to be fine on wireless again.

0 Kudos
Howard1972
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I got the errors what ever I was watching even with recordings.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon @Howard1972 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your 360 box. 

How have things been since returning your 360 to wireless, are you still getting the same error message? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Howard1972
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

It’s ok again at the moment I went back to wireless then I’ve just gone back to Ethernet again and it’s ok again now for the last few days I did notice my neighbour was trying to connect to my smart tv on their Samson galaxy so I blocked it lol. hopefully theirs no more problems for a while.

0 Kudos