Menu
Robert27
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

360 box

Have I made a big mistake upgrading to a 360 box as I’ve only seen bad reviews!

Has anyone got a good review 😬

0 Kudos
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 box

Hi there,

When I upgraded my expectations of new boxes were not met and i got over the air upgrades instead. I was very annoyed and put in some negative posts, but now happy with that.

Having used it for a while now , I do think it's better than the old tivo software but some people seem to be experiencing technical issues which I haven't experienced.

Also there are functional improvements still to be introduced that are a step backwards from TiVo like linked recordings.

But generally an improvement and hope you enjoy it when it arrives 

There are

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1 with UHD
VM Telly Tablet
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Robert27 wrote:

Have I made a big mistake upgrading to a 360 box as I’ve only seen bad reviews!

Has anyone got a good review 😬

Heres a conversation link to a balanced and positive review;

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/A-Positive-TV-360-Post/td-p/4564429

Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos
MrsMum
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My husband made the decision to 'upgrade' our Tivo boxes to 360's and I wished he hadn't.  We have 2, one in the living room and 1 in a  bedroom.  The bedroom one continually loses Internet connection meaning you can't watch recorded programs or apps without unplugging an rebooting. If you are lucky enough to watch something of your choosing then it buffers or connection drops completely. 

The machine can be connected with an ethernet cable but that's a backwards step to me.

I'm sorry to say that this system is not good and I for one would not recommend. The Tivo system was far better and more reliable 

0 Kudos
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It seems your old boxes where the original TiVo boxes. These offered the on demand services via the coax and therefore did not need an independent internet connection. Unfortunately when the v6 arrived this changed and has continued to the tv360. 

However,  the speed benefit of the v6 and tv360 over the TiVo is huge.

I would recommend trying a booster or superpod which are supplied by virgin on request ( additional charge may apply dependent on your package) to help boost the signal to your 2nd box to see if this helps

Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos