Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

360 box

Received new 360 kit on Tuesday, no instruction on what to do. Rang virgin and was guided thro connection process. Boxes installed and wifi setup. Then error code CS1010, engineer spent about another 20 minutes, restarting equipment etc. He could not see my new equipment on the network. He also say’s he has had the same problem earlier that day with another customer which he could not fix.  

An hour later he rang back and informed me he and his manger could not fix the problem and they had referred the matter higher up. I have now reconnected my old tivo boxes.

Is this a common problem, are these new 360 boxes any good. Should I just tell virgin to leave me as I was and return the 360 equipment.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 360 box

That message means that the box needs activating. You probable  spoke to someone who knows nothing about the new boxes. They should have put you through to the 360 team who would have been able to help you.

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi mcintan,

I thought that VM where sending text messages to activate the new 360 boxes, however the number you normally need to phone to get your box activated is 0800 953 9500  - you could give that try, if so you will need the box serial number, and your account and area number

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You are completely right, contacted virgin again, this time was transferred to 360 team. New equipment activated, main box worked, mini still not connecting. Engineer ran diagnostics, then asked for numbers from bottom of mini box as he need to re-pair the devices. Then rebooted system, now all working fine. Just needed someone who knew what they were doing.

Many thanks.

Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Glad that's all sorted. If you have any more problems ask to speak to the 360 team.

0 Kudos