Can anyone get the Virgin Contol app to work with the new 360 box

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 box

hey Clive, good news!    You dont need the Control app anymore.  Everything you want to do can be done from Virgin TV Go :

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/download-the-virgin-tv-go-app

Not only can you manage your recordings on there you can stream live TV and on demand content, even Sky Cinema, if you have it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@BlueLou wrote:

hey Clive, good news!    You dont need the Control app anymore.  Everything you want to do can be done from Virgin TV Go :

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/download-the-virgin-tv-go-app

Not only can you manage your recordings on there you can stream live TV and on demand content, even Sky Cinema, if you have it

Why can’t V6/Tivo boxes do this?   They used to back in the days of TV Anywhere.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How do you watch recordings that are on the new box on an iPad please. I have just signed up to virgin media again and thought I could watch recordings from the box on my iPad through the virgin tv app but it just keeps going around, saying it’s preparing recordings, asking me for my parental code then saying preparing, code required etc Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @ZENITHULT42

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - sorry that you seem to be having some issues watching your recordings via the app. I can confirm that there should be no issues with watching your recordings from the 360box on the TvGo app. 

I have asked a colleague who has this box to test it this evening and all seems to be working correctly with no issues. Have you tried removing/uninstalling the app and reinstalling it to see if that helps? 

Is it just the recordings that you're having issues with - do the other parts of the app work correctly? 

Please do keep us posted. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos