cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box volume & display

TJW2
Tuning in

Just got a virgin 360 box, how I wish I hadn't & had stuck with the Tivo box despite the problems I was having with catch up there. The volume on the 360 is so low I have to turn it up to 100 & it's still too low. I switched the Dolby thing to 'follow content' which was much better & then it just went quiet again when I watched a recording. Also, is there a way to have recordings, catch up etc just displayed as a list, without pictures? It's like being back in Blockbusters in the '90s. It takes ages to search eg for a programmed beginning with a letter near the end of the alphabet. With the Tivo box you could start typing letters & find the programme you wanted really quickly..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Clay745
Tuning in

@TJW2 wrote:

Just got a virgin 360 box, how I wish I hadn't & had stuck with the Tivo box despite the problems I was having with catch up there. The volume on the 360 is so low I have to turn it up to 100 & it's still too low. I switched the Dolby thing to 'follow content' which was much better & then it just went quiet again when I watched a recording. Also, is there a way to have recordings, catch up etc just displayed as a list, without pictures? It's like being back in Blockbusters in the '90s. It takes ages to search eg for a programmed beginning with a letter near the end of the alphabet. With the Tivo box you could start typing letters & find the programme you wanted really quickly..  Toys R Us Credit Card

I would try factory resetting the remote and pairing again one more time, and if that doesn't work phone Virgin for a new remote, as a temporary measure you can use the TVGO app as a remote on your phone or tablet.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Clay745
Tuning in

@TJW2 wrote:

Just got a virgin 360 box, how I wish I hadn't & had stuck with the Tivo box despite the problems I was having with catch up there. The volume on the 360 is so low I have to turn it up to 100 & it's still too low. I switched the Dolby thing to 'follow content' which was much better & then it just went quiet again when I watched a recording. Also, is there a way to have recordings, catch up etc just displayed as a list, without pictures? It's like being back in Blockbusters in the '90s. It takes ages to search eg for a programmed beginning with a letter near the end of the alphabet. With the Tivo box you could start typing letters & find the programme you wanted really quickly..  Toys R Us Credit Card

I would try factory resetting the remote and pairing again one more time, and if that doesn't work phone Virgin for a new remote, as a temporary measure you can use the TVGO app as a remote on your phone or tablet.

Thanks Clay. I'm afraid I'm not very technical & don't know how to factorty reset the remote or what you mean by pairng it, I'll try & figure it out although I'm wary of making it even worse.. I don't have a tablet or a phone I can load apps on. I'm reluctant to phone Virgin as I have had to phone them so many times over the last months & that only led me to end up with the 360 & these problems. Does anyone know how to have a display of available  catch up & recordings etc that is just a text list without all the pictures?

roy247
Community elder

@TJW2 wrote:

Thanks Clay. I'm afraid I'm not very technical & don't know how to factorty reset the remote or what you mean by pairng it, I'll try & figure it out although I'm wary of making it even worse.. I don't have a tablet or a phone I can load apps on. I'm reluctant to phone Virgin as I have had to phone them so many times over the last months & that only led me to end up with the 360 & these problems. Does anyone know how to have a display of available  catch up & recordings etc that is just a text list without all the pictures?

You can't change the listings to just text.

Here are the instructions for factory resetting the remote and repairing with the TV, when pairing with the TV try using the TV's model number.

How to pair the TV 360 remote to the box

1. Point the TV 360 remote towards the box
  2. Press and hold the TV and 0 button for 10 seconds - this should force pairing

Did that not work?

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the TV 360 remote. After the factory reset, try pressing TV and 0 button for 10 seconds and it should now force pairing.

How to pair the TV 360 remote with your TV

If you need to pair the TV 360 remote with the TV to control volume, source or power

1. Press Home
  2. Select Settings
  3. Select Pair remote with devices
  4. Select Pair TV and follow the on screen instructions

Thankyou Roy, I think that has helped. Do you know if there is there a way of selecting a programme beginning with a particular letter from a large list of programmes?

roy247
Community elder

@TJW2 wrote:

Do you know if there is there a way of selecting a programme beginning with a particular letter from a large list of programmes?

If I understand you correctly then no, the closest you will get is for example list the movies in alphabetical order and then scroll down to the letter you want or use the search if you know what you want and not just browsing. You could try using the voice control, l haven't tried it for searching for programmes.

How do I use the search? So that if I know the title of the programme I want I can get to it quickly without scrolling through a long list.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I use voice control when searching for movies by name - eg 'Wonder Woman' or 'Harry Potter'.

You can also perform the same function for normal programs eg 'Coronation Street'

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks Dave, that's really useful.

Hi TJW2 thanks for getting back to us.

It does seem that the original issues you've raised are considered to be resolved?  If not please do let us know.  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R