Menu
Singularity
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

360 box upgrade for existing customers

I've recently upgraded my package to include TV. I was originally under the impression due to an advisor i spoke to when I purchased the broadband that when I upgraded to TV I would get the newer box however this turns out to be false. To that end, is there an ETA for when the newer box will be made available to existing customers without having to upgrade to the £99 pound a month package?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 box upgrade for existing customers

Just out of interest, do you have any issue with the TiVo/V6 platform? Or do you just "fancy a change" to the V360?

At the moment the two platforms are "different" - new customers are getting V360, and existing customers on the Ultimate Oomph are being offered it.

Everyone else remains on TiVo/V6 for the moment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Singularity
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I did have an issue with the box I was given however they came and replaced it with another v6 box. I've come from Sky and had the Sky Q box and going from that to the v6 box is a bit jarring especially with a UHD OLED TV (UI doesn't seem to scale well), so I guess I do "fancy" it. I understand that its only being offered to new customers hence why I asked if Virgin has given an ETA to give existing customers who don't have that mammoth package the latest box.

0 Kudos
deans6571
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@japitts wrote:

Just out of interest, do you have any issue with the TiVo/V6 platform? Or do you just "fancy a change" to the V360?

At the moment the two platforms are "different" - new customers are getting V360, and existing customers on the Ultimate Oomph are being offered it.

Everyone else remains on TiVo/V6 for the moment.

...what exactly is the Ultimate Oomph package ??

When I sign into my account, it shows that my current TV is the top tier package anyway :

deans6571_0-1612972358936.png

No sign of "Ultimate Oomph " anywhere....?!!!

It also shows that if I did want the 360, it would cost an extra £76 to upgrade + £26 activation, which would take my monthly price to around £160 (it shows I can only select the 360 box if I also upgrade from 200Mb to 350Mb broadband), which is ludicrous...??!?!?!

roy247
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Oomph is Maxit TV + Sky Sports HD and Sky Cinema HD + 600MB broadband + Talk More Anytime + Truly Unlimited Sim, check it out,

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles/ultimate-oomph-bundle

Gordy1965
Rising star
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I had been looking to upgrade to the ultimate oomph bundle but it would not let me upgrade online for some reason.

Then I found out that there would be no discount for existing customers.

So new customer gets it for £89 a month at a discount of £50 for 18 months = £900

Me, existing customer of over 25 years has to pay full whack from day one.

Nah, forget it, maybe time to leave.

Shocking how they treat existing customers!

0 Kudos