Menu
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

360 box remote

Hi, I had the 360 box installed on Wednesday and it all appeared to be working well though one thing that I've noticed is when I want to select a channel from the tv guide I have to double click the ok on the remote to change channel. It seems to be random as on some channels in the guide the channel changes after one click of ok on the remote. Is this normal? I'm unsure myself with it being a new box and remote, is it just a matter of learning it's features and how they work. Regards dozer167

I do not work for Virgin Media, I'm just another customer. If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the kudos star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 360 box remote

I managed to get through to Virgin on the phone, and after being told to restart my 360 box and resyncing the remote by pressing tv and zero on the remote until it flashed, the remote fault was still there so the virgin operator said that the remote was infact faulty and a replacement would be sent out to me.
I do not work for Virgin Media, I'm just another customer. If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the kudos star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I’m not convinced a new remote will make any difference.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@ Ernie_C Do you think that it is some thing else? Box? Software?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

A change of remote is, of course, the correct initial move but it could also be a dodgy receiver on the box. Unlikely to be a software bug or others would be reporting it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@ Ernie_C    I'll see how I go on once the new remote arrives, and if it doesn't clear the fault I'll get back on to customer services and request an engineer to call to sort it out.  Thanks very much for your comment, it is highly appreciated. Regards dozer167 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

It may be a software bug with the box. The change log for the boxes rolled out in the Netherlands (Ziggo) cites this as one. (They’re the same boxes and software! Just Ziggo branded)

See here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/360-software-update/m-p/4434100#M196441

The bug fixes are for the next sub-version of 4.27 (got the info from a friend who is a beta tester) so should hit our boxes in due course.

Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@paul0363 That's some thing else to consider. The box currently has 4.27 which was updated on installation. I'll see how I go on with the replacement remote, and call the engineer out again if it's not that simple. Thanks for your comment. Regards dozer167
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I don’t see the OP’s issue there.

I have seen the delayed response one and it does not seem to have been fixed in 4.27.

Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

According to my friend we are on v4.27TL. They're tesing v4.27FL - a new minor update.  I guess time will tell if it gets rolled out here.

0 Kudos