Menu
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 box recordings

Thanks for that, I suggest you try and use back all the time if you remember just to try and eliminate the problem. Try that for a few days and if it works try something different and see if you get the problem again. It's a learning curve.

Roy

0 Kudos
moi68
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Roy mine says 430

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

As of this morning mine says 4.30, so I will be checking the continue watching later.

0 Kudos
DanHayes1881
Joining in
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Has there been any resolution found to this problem? I have just upgraded within the past week and the problem is starting to really annoy me now! it doesn't seem to matter how I stop watching a programme or how far I get through that program, when I come back to watch it I am only ever asked to "watch from start".

One of the big benefits that was sold to me when I chose to upgrade my package was that I could stop watching a show in one room and resume watching that same programme in another room from where I left off. that appears to not be the case as no matter which TV I choose to watch the programme on I have to watch from the start every time.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi DanHayes1881, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with using the features on the 360 service. 

At what stage are you watching the recordings too? 

As mentioned above, how are you coming out of the recording? Are you pressing the back button or TV button on the remote?

Let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
DanHayes1881
Joining in
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

It shouldn't matter how far I watch things. I could be over half way through and still it doesn't remember. The whole point of 360 is "pick up where you left off....on any device". If it can't do that consistently then there is clearly a problem.

It shouldn't matter how you return to normal TV either.... It's frankly pathetic that you have to use a particular method to get it to work and it's worse that rather than acknowledge there is a fundamental flaw, instead people are suggesting that it is normal and by design to have to do it one way over another. Why would anyone want it to forget where you were up to? If you stop watching at any point it should remember where you were up to. Considering the TiVo could do this, as can Netflix prime and Disney plus, to market an "Innovative" new product that can't is incredibly poor. Being blunt, the 360 software is not fit for purpose yet, it is at best a beta quality product at the moment.

Even when you fast forward, the TiVo did this better...if you accidentally went too far through an ad break, the TiVo would realise and jump back a bit. Again the 360 comes off worse.

For the record I have tried repeatedly pressing back, and also just pressing TV. It shouldn't matter.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me on this one DanHayes1881.

I understand the frustration but even though it shouldn't matter, a work around is better than it not working at all. 

I will pass your feedback over to the development team and ask to see if this is something they are aware of as for now, there is no known fault raised for this yet. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
moi68
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

• I'm still having this problem as well.
0 Kudos