cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box problems

Portal1977
Joining in

360 boxes not working properly

NNot recording programmes I set up black screen on 1 box after the upgrade but there is sound

Absolutely rubbish

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Community elder

Hi Portal1977,

Can you provide a bit more information please, from what you have said I assume you have ugraded 2 V6 boxes to 360, and are having problems recording, is this on both boxes. You also mentioned a black screen but you have sound, is this with recordings or live TV.

The more information you can give the better answers you wil receive.

Software upgraded 2 boxes to 360 both decide not to record programs and 1 has black screen everytime we turn it on li e TV 

So the one with the black screen, you said previously you get sound on this one is that correct, and do you only get no picture when first turned on or is this permanent with live TV. You must be able to access the TV guide to set recordings which the box doesn't actually record so the 360 is putting out something.

When I first turn it on I get no picture only sound I have to turn it off 3 or 4 times to get picture when I access guide and try to set recordings it acknowledges it then when I goto watch it nothing records a d no series links on either box the black screen is only on 1 box

If this has only started after converting from V6 to 360 the first thing to try if you haven't already tried is a factory reset, if it's still the same after that you can check the recording problem by watching some live tv and then see if you can rewind or try pausing live tv and then see if it carries on or jumps back to live tv, this will check the hard drive is ok.

You also mention no series links on either box, after the conversion both boxes will have lost all recordings and series links and will need setting up again when they are on the Tvguide or do you mean you can't set series links on either box.

Hi Portal1977,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your Tv boxes. 

I have checked over our system and I am unable to see anything on our side. 

Can you confirm if you're continuing to have issues with this?

^Martin