Menu
Astrong
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

360 box numerous issues

I wonder if anyone can help? Started a new contract on 360 in March and it was ok for about a week. I have just the one box in front room, no additional. Everything connected correctly and securely. After about a week I was unable to play back any saved items and it would not record. I checked on this forum and then reset the whole system by turning it all off and then on again. That solved the CS code that had appeared and was able to playback saved items and record again. After another week the same thing happened again and so I done the same again after checking all of my connections again. This is now happening daily, it is ridiculous plus the internet is absolutely terrible and keeps dropping out, even when sat in the same room as the hub. The final straw now is that turned it all on yesterday and it showed up that it is unable to connect to hard drive and has completely wiped all my saved, all settings, planned recordings the lot. After turning off and on again, everything still lost so started to try and set up my recordings again but is showing that recording store age is full and to delete recordings! There are none. So now I am paying a contract for quite frankly a terrible bit of kit that I cannot record or rewatch items on when I can record that now randomly resets itself and wipes everything. The internet which was amazing at first is now terrible. So disappointed and really not happy at all. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
roy247
Rising star
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 360 box numerous issues

Sounds like you may have a faulty HDD. Can you still watch live TV and are on demand and catchup working. Live TV uses the coax feed and on demand and catchup your internet connection to the box, if they are working then it's more than likely your hard drive, if they are not working as well then it's definitely a call to Virgin.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'm with roy here - I use V6 so the 360-specific error codes aren't my speciality, but the symptoms all describe hard drive issues. If you call VM (on the usual 150/0345 4541111 number) and report your faults, then they should be able to arrange the necessaries. Alternatively you can wait on here for a staff response, but it's not real-time and may take a day or so.

As regards your internet issues, this section of the forum is focused on TV-360 issues so I'll encourage you over to the broadband section of the board to go into more detail there. There's a few questions I could ask off-hand, but it will risk this TV post getting confused so I'll suggest you post details of your broadband/WiFi issues there, and more help will be forthcoming.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Astrong
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response, it does sound like that. Will give them a call.

0 Kudos
Astrong
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, yes, will give them a call but post the internet issue separately on the right bit. Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
roy247
Rising star
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If they send an engineer with a replacement box get him to check your internet problem as well.

Astrong
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Good idea, thank you for your advice. Never known such issues with virgin before.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello Astrong

I'm sorry that this is still ongoing and I'm here to help and save you a call 

Do you still need to an engineer to attend?

If so let me know and I can book one in for you 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Astrong
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hiya,

thanks for response. Yes please, I would like an engineer still please. 
we both work full time though so wonder if they attend at weekends? If not, any chance of a pm slot please?

your help is really appreciated.

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Astrong,

Thanks for confirming. Our engineers do offer weekend slots - I'll send you a private message so I can get your account information and go through this in more detail with you.

Look out for the purple envelope at the top of the page - thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos