cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box noise

Jse2003
Joining in

Hi. After many years of untroubled TiVo use, I accepted the offer of a free upgrade to the 360 box. However, there is an intrusive fan noise whenever the 360 box is in use. Surely that’s not right? TiVo was totally silent. It’s very irritating and I’m regretting the change. The box isn’t hot, so it’s not overheating or anything. Is this normal for 360? Thanks for any advice, this is my first time here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

No it's not normal, the 360 should make the same amount of noise as your V6 did, it does seem to be that some upgraded V6 boxes the fan runs at higher speeds.

You should call Virgin to report a fault or you can wait for a forum team member to respond which may be 2 to 3 days. Make sure you watch any new recordings because the box will need replacing.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

roy247
Community elder

No it's not normal, the 360 should make the same amount of noise as your V6 did, it does seem to be that some upgraded V6 boxes the fan runs at higher speeds.

You should call Virgin to report a fault or you can wait for a forum team member to respond which may be 2 to 3 days. Make sure you watch any new recordings because the box will need replacing.

Thanks for the advice. It wasn’t even a V6 we had originally, but an incredibly old early TiVo box, but it never made a whisper of sound. This new one is just awful.

Hi Jse2003,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with the noise from your Tv box. 

We are happy to look into this and see what we can do to help. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin