Menu
Philpot616
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

360 box lost recordings

We upgraded from tivo to 360 a couple months ago and had nothing put problems. On both boxes Some recordings keep jittering and pausing. Sometimes it records part of the programme. Today it has deleted all recordings and series links for the 4th time. Im sick of spending my time setting 30+ programmes to series link. Most of the time when i try to watch a recording on my 2nd box it says the 360 box is offline. But it lets me stream. On a couple of occasions it said it couldnt play the recording because the 360 box is off but i was watching the 360 box. Ive missed out on so many recordings. And half of my shows need to be watched in order. So once i cant watch an episode i have to wait and everyone else ends up finishing the series and spoil the show for me

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 box lost recordings

Do you have 2 main boxes, or a 360 & a mini? It's not clear from your post, and would mean that all the recordings are on your main box rather than them being shared.

If that is the case, then if you're watching on the mini, any playback issues could be streaming or HDD problems - and testing on the main would be the best way to narrow down which.

In the same vein, can you confirm the main box is set to either Active Start or Fast Start?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Philpot616
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

360 downstairs connected to router with ethernet cable. A mini in the bedroom. But the 360 box is offline message has appeared when watching the 360 box. Set to fast start. All i did was press the red button the remote. When i pressed the red button again to turn it on an hour later. It deleted everything and removed all planned recordings. But doesnt effect favourite channels or watchlist. It is set to fast start. When i have the problem and check the network diagnostics. It says its high strength signal and can watch ultra hd

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Philpot616,

Welcome to the forums and many thanks for your recent post. I'm really sorry to hear of the issues you've been having with your 360 boxes this sounds so frustrating.

I'd like to take a closer look into the account to run some tests as this potentially indicates a fault with the equipment itself.

I've been unable to locate your account from here, so I'll just send a private message to get some info from you.

Please look out for the purple envelope at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Philpot616
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I couldnt see a purple envelope. The account is in my dads name. Antony Prior. Or possibly Antony Philip Prior. Linked to an account with postcode WA4 1NZ

Thanks

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Philpot616,

Sorry that you have not seen my message but not to worry. I have been able to locate the account and from what I can tell there does seem to be a fault with the main box.

I would like to arrange for an engineer to attend as this will require a closer look to fix / replace the equipment.

If you could just send me a private message to confirm your full address, I'll get this booked in for you. 

Either click on my profile and press 'send message', OR at the top of the screen, click the envelope > click 'New' > type my username 'Molly_G' and the address so that this is done privately, I'll keep a look out for it. 

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Philpot616,

Thanks for getting back to me via pm - I've booked this in for you and your dad can view this via the online My VM Account.

He can also change the date and time there if needed.

I hope our engineer manages to resolve this quickly for you - keep us posted on this!

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

0 Kudos