Menu
Eddie98
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

360 box - live tv interrupted by automatic start of recorded show

Just upgraded to a 360 from a V6 box a couple of days ago and have noticed a curious “feature” on the new box.

While watching a live program, every so often a notification appears at the top right of the screen saying it is going to start playing one of my recorded programmes in 7,6,5,43,...  unless I decline it. If I let it count down then the prerecorded programme starts and takes me out of the live programme I was watching.

This has happened several times this evening alone and I have had to manually stop the recorded programme from automatically starting each time.

What is causing the 360 box to interrupt live programmes like this? And how can I stop it from happening again?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 360 box - live tv interrupted by automatic start of recorded show

Unfortunately there is no way to turn this "feature" off, if you have several episodes of a series the box assumes you just want to watch one after another. The way I break this is to start a film or something that is a one off program and then stop it, that is the only way I have found of stopping it because if you just press dismiss it will try again.

Hope this helps.

Eddie98
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 box - live tv interrupted by automatic start of recorded show

Thanks for the tip. Glad it’s not just me!

It’s very unusual. I can sort of understand it if I had been watching one of the recorded programmes at the time and it followed up, Netflix/iPlayer style, with a “next episode in 5,4,3,2...” prompt. But this came out of the blue while watching live TV. I hadn’t watched the any recorded programmes for at least 24 hours. It’s tenacious!

Another fix for a future software update, I hope.

0 Kudos