cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box keeps turning on TV during the night

Hammyman
Tuning in

Since I upgraded V6 box to 360 (4 days ago) every morning the Samsung TV has turned itself on by itself! Is it possible this is something to do with the installation of 360?

Cheers Ian 

14 REPLIES 14

BTW--- we always 360 box off via the remote.  So that does not solve the problem.  Its not a question of not turning the 360 box off via the remote.  We do this.   

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Freg

Ref the box turning itself on on April 4th 2023. On this particular occassion it may be due to VM suffering network outages from around 01:30 to 04:00, 05:00 to 06:10 and from around 06:45 to 08:20.  This may have resulted in the TV set top box rebooting and switching on along with hub each time the network reconnected

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks Dave. That makes sense to me.

Can’t seem to simulate that though by rebooting /restarting my 360 box with or without internet or with or without cable connection to tv.   The tv remains stubbornly switched off. So if that’s the case it must be something done at the backend by VM?

would diasabling the ‘one power’ option on the 360 box’ help to stop tv coming on? Shame as it’s quite useful normally.

cheers

ray

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

HI again ray,

If you turn One Power "off" on the 360, then pressing the red standby button only puts the TV 360 into standby and leaves the TV powered on.

Pressing "on" switches both the tv and the stb on, and then switches the tv to the correct input.

The TV wouldn't (shouldn't) turn on if you disabled Simplink (HDMI CEC )  or it's equivalent on the TV set itself

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks Dave, I’ve disabled HDMI (CEC) on my LG TV and HDMI control on my Yamaha RX-A820 AV box so fingers crossed. Thanks for Advice. Ray