Menu
Hammyman
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

360 box keeps turning on TV during the night

Since I upgraded V6 box to 360 (4 days ago) every morning the Samsung TV has turned itself on by itself! Is it possible this is something to do with the installation of 360?

Cheers Ian 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 360 box keeps turning on TV during the night

Hi you need to turn your TV off separately with the TV remote, as virgin carry out updates etc in the early hours of the morning so you may find the virgin box on to. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Hammyman
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Micky. I have always done that, but never have had to turn off my V6 box to avoid this problem.  I'm not going to worry about it, just turn them both off as the 360 box is almost instantaneous in starting up..

Thanks,  Ian

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Hammyman,

Thanks for posting on the forum in regards to your TV360 and TV issues, it must be confusing to find your TV on after turning it off the previous night!

The development team are aware of this and currently investigating, when there are any updates we'll be sure to let people know.

Rob

0 Kudos
Groove200
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

A year on and this is still hapening to me. Set a sleep timer on the TV itself. Get woken up early hours by the TV turning itself on. Is there any fix in sight?

rjmitfc
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, you seem to have been investigating this for over a year. What is the solution from Virgin Media. Please do not say “make sure you turn off your VM V360 box before you go to bed. I know that but this still should not be happening. It didn’t happen with the old V6 set up. This is just one of a number of backward steps with V360 including not being able to retrieve recordings once deleted, not helped by the cursor remaining over the delete button when deleting. Also BBC iPlayer quality is awful through V360. Come in Virgin, sort yourselves out 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi rjmitfc,

Thank you for reaching out to us, we are sorry that your TV is still turning itself on and that this and your other points haven't been fixed, we take feed back seriously and has been taken on board, we do advise turning the TV off separately and also the 360 box, this is something I do on all 3 boxes and never had the issue with the TV turning back on.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos