cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box keeps recording the same programme multiple times

Delfin
Joining in

Not long had the 360 box but i've noticed that it seems to record the same programme ie eg S1E3 every time that's uts on even after you've deleted the original version.

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Community elder

Hi Delfin,

When you set a recording, click Advanced Options and under Record, click ‘New Only’.

You also have these options, from this episode onwards, all from series XX only, or all from series XX and onwards.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Delfin.

Welcome and thanks for posting to our forum page.
We're sorry to hear about the recording issue on your 360 box.

Has the advise from roy247 helped fix this or has it been ongoing since your last post?

Let us know and we are happy to help should you have any faults with this feature.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Adri I dont think im explaining myself very well say I record a episode of Heartbeat, now that episode of Heartbeat will on again the next day (AM) & my box will record both days exactly the same episode.

roy247
Community elder

Hi Delfin,

Just to be clear about things are you just setting a one off recording or a series link if it's just a one off recording you only need to go to the guide and press record without needing to go to the Advanced options, are you saying this is what you do and then it records the same episode again without having a series link set because it sounds like it has been set for a series link without the New Only option being set in Advanced settings, if you don't select the New Only option or from this episode onwards it will record episodes again.

If you look at your Planned recordings list after you delete a programme it should relist it if it's going to record it again, if it does show again if you press the delete option it will give you the option to delete the series link if one has been set, doing this you will find out if a series link was set unintentionally, or with the wrong option.

roy247
Community elder

Hi Delfin,

I have just received the 4.41 software update so just in case you already have that, the Advanced options have changed slightly, you now have This episode only, From this episode onwards, New episodes only and All available episodes, the last one being the default.

Also when just selecting a single episode from the guide when you press the record button make sure you drop down to the record this episode only because if you just press OK again it sets a series link, easy to do if you are being speedy.