Menu
Ben150276
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

360 box frozen

Hi,

I've turned my TV on after getting home.from work and the box is frozen on the welcome screen. I've tried turning on / off , unplugging for 30 secs but still stays stuck on that screen. Amber light on box won't go off if pressed only when powered down but return when powered back up. Annoying as this is my 1st week with virgin after switching to them. Box has worked fine since install last week

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 box frozen

Any TV box that won't bootup has a fault. You can report this fault one of two ways..

1: Call TV Faults (150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone)

2: Wait on here for staff to respond - likely turnaround is currently 1-2 days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben150276,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into and welcome to the Virgin Media family 🙂 I am sorry you've got this issue with your TV box at the moment! I'll be more than happy to help get it sorted for you.

I understand the box is stuck on the Welcome Screen and you've already tried to reboot it. It's also got an orange light which indicates a problem with the equipment. 

I've tried to have a look at the box specs on my side (I should still be able to view it even if it's stuck on the welcome screen) but it seems it's unreachable. Could you turn the box on and let us know when you've done this please?

I'll be able to help further once this is on 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Ben150276
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply.

The box is turned on and frozen on that screen.

Every time I switch off and back on again it just comes to the same screen with the orange light on.

Many thanks

Ben

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben150276,

Thanks for coming back to me, I was able to see the specs and also go through some diagnostic steps in order to see what needs to be done for you. 

We will need to send out an engineer to get it fixed 🙂 I'll send you a PM now so we can get it sorted for you. 

Just for future issues with the TV and for any other users that are looking at this thread for TV help, I have a few links below that might help with general issues - 

• Our Service Checker is a good tool to use to check if there are any area outages ongoing with Broadband, TV, Landline and Mobile. It usually lets you know what is wrong and how long it's going to take for the engineers to fix (estimated time of course)
  • Your Online Account also has a good tool which helps diagnose a fault within your home network with your Broadband, TV and Landline, it will tell you what's up and what to do next. 
  • We also have a good section for faults on our website here - Help Website - it will give you flows for diagnosing and rectifying faults on a multitude of aspects. A really good link to bookmark!

I'll send you a PM now Ben, so we can get that engineer booked in for you 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben150276,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM, I have booked in an engineer spot for you now, if you find that the time or date isn't suitable for you nearer the time, you can use your Online Account to reschedule the appointment 🙂

Please let us know how the visit goes so we can support you if you still need us!

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos