Menu
RD54
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

360 box freezes

Hi 

Is anyone having the 360 box continually freezing and the smaller box in the bedroom as well its now unwatchable. This is in recordings only another thing it is doing is playing to a point then going back and then playing to the same point.

Internet speed is showing high and signal quality is good.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 box freezes

Hi RD54,

Have you checked all your cabling is snug and tight and free from kinks?

You say it's unwatchable and freezing on recordings only. What happens if you pause a live program for a minute or two and then play it back?

Have you tried rebooting both boxes?

If that doesn't help you should try a factory reset.

It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options 

Keep Recordings

Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings

To factory reset go to Settings (cog at end of Home menu) > System > Factory Reset.

With the 360 choosing that first option you won't lose your recordings or any links you've set up (but will have to sign into apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again) 

After doing that record a program as you watch it live and see if the issues are there on either or both viewing methods.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
roy247
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@RD54 wrote:

Hi 

Is anyone having the 360 box continually freezing and the smaller box in the bedroom as well its now unwatchable. This is in recordings only another thing it is doing is playing to a point then going back and then playing to the same point.

Internet speed is showing high and signal quality is good.

As it's only when watching recordings are both boxes set to fast start or active start ? They need to be, press Home, Settings, System, Standby power consumption, this needs to be fast start or active start.

Is the main box a new 360 or upgraded V6 box and the mini a replacement box for an old TiVo box.

If you are getting freezing / stuttering problems when watching recordings on your main box then it could be a HDD problem, if you watch something and record it, if the recording is freezing and the live broadcast was ok then it's almost certainly your hard drive.

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi @RD54,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post!

Can you tell us if you've tried the suggestions provided by @newapollo and @roy247? If so, did these help resolve the issues?

If you're still having issues after these tests, please let us know.

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
RD54
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I've now formatted the hard drive and upto now its been OK only problem Is you lose all settings and recordings and signins on the apps. I'm hoping the problem doesn't reoccur.  Has anyone done this with the problem reoccurring. 

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update RD54, glad to hear formatting the hard drive appears to have resolved the issue.

If you need us again in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch and we'll be happy to help.

Rob

0 Kudos
RD54
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

360 box freezing

Hi box constantly freezes were its unwatchable so I've reformatted the drive losing all settings. It worked OK for maybe for about 2 days but the problem has now returned there must be something wrong with the box

0 Kudos
RD54
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi

After formatting and losing all settings it seemed to be OK for about two days but it's now freezing again. Only happens when recording or when pausing and restarting playback.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi again RD54,

Sorry to say that sounds like a hard drive problem.

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faultsbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

Or wait a day or two to see if a member of the Forum Team pick this up for you.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
RD54
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave I'll wait to see if anyone picks up on my post. I've only just worked out how you reply on here. Thanks again

0 Kudos