Menu
Mrstuartprice
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

360 box deleting recordings

For the past 2 nights I set up recordings on my upgraded 360 box (was the TiVo box). The next day I go to watch a recording and everyone of them has been deleted. Added that no way to recover them. Does anyone know why this happens? Quite frustrating. They appear in the recorded or the planned recordings list when set up but then disappear the next day. Is this a fault? Or do profiles have to be used? Would prefer not to use profiles. 
Thanks, Stuart

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
stephentucker
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 box deleting recordings

Check they are not being stored in series sequence. I thought a load of 'Curb your enthusiasm's' had been deleted only to realise that as it moved on to recording the next series I couldn't see them until I clicked on ty previous season.

0 Kudos
Mrstuartprice
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Stephen. Unfortunately both recording views (recorded and planned) are empty. Are you viewing this somewhere else? 

0 Kudos
roy247
Well-informed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The question is were they recorded in the first place, usually you will get a failed recording and maybe a reason like schedule change which I don't think is the problem here.

The power setting needs to be set to Fast start or Active start, especially if you have 2 boxes, and then there is no way you can undelete on the 360 if something gets deleted by accident.

A quick test to do is while you are watching something is to either record what you are watching or another programme and then see if it appears in your saved recordings list. Profiles don't need to be used for recordings.

0 Kudos
Mrstuartprice
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Roy.

series link set up, first episode recorded. Today the whole recording has dissipated as has the series link. Will call Virgin tomorrow. I normally like the upgrades but on this occasion have to admit I will be requesting going back to the last TiVo software version. 

0 Kudos
roy247
Well-informed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stuart,

There is no going back to TiVo, sounds like you have a faulty box. You will have to call Virgin and go through the reboot the box and then try a factory reset even though you have probably already tried this.

Roy.

0 Kudos