Menu
Inaspin
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

360 and sonos beam out of sync

I had my "upgrade" to 360 and I am less than impressed. Seems a significant step backwards especially on the series record functionality with the box recording multiple episodes that we have already watched and not being able to tell us if series are new or re-runs. Programs we have started to watch sometimes have a bookmark holding the place and sometimes they just don't.

The biggest kick in the teeth is that each channel is slightly out of sync with my sonos beam. You set the delay in the menu to get it in sync then change the channel to find it out of sync again.

I raised this with virgin who told me it was a known issue and I have to wait for a software upgrade (no time frame). The solution they gave me was to disconnect my sound bar. I have raised a complaint and the team told me I had already been "educated" about the solution!

Give me back my tivo!! off to BT......

Tags (1)
luk34dd0
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 and sonos beam out of sync

I have the same issue with sound sync with my soundbar if Dolby is switched on - If I turn Dolby off, it's okay, it just doesn't sound as nice.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Inaspin, 

Sorry you're having some issues with the sound on the 360 and SONOS. 

As advised above if you go into your settings > Audio & Video > Dolby Audio then you can disable it. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
tafrock
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have found a solution to this problem with my Sony soundbar

Connect soundbar directly to virgin box ie not going through TV. To do this I connected optical lead from virgin box to soundbar 

Then connect hdmi from virgin box to TV for video 

This works fine for me. Previously I had the hdmi from box to TV and another hdmi using arc sockets connected from TV to soundbar 

I had all sorts of audio lag and audio drop outs. My revised way of connecting has solved this problem for me

Good luck 

0 Kudos
Inaspin
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice. Will give it a go. The bigger point though is that we were offered an "upgrade" and quite clearly the system has less functionality and is a work in progress. My bill is going up to pay for something which is not as good as what I used to have. 

0 Kudos