forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Tbones
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

360 and V6 box not compatible

I had been having issues with my V6 box after I upgraded to the Oomph package this past week. The V6 box was showing an error message M63 so virgin had an engineer attend yesterday.

The engineer changed the box over in my 2nd room where the issue was and when installing it he had realised it changed to the 360 box so he gave me a new remote. I asked at the time if I could swap this box to my main viewing room and he said that was fine to do.

I did this so now I have the 360 in the main room and a V6 box in the 2nd room. The issue that I had before in the 2nd room is now back with it showing M63. This means that the account is not set up right. 

One thing I know already is that I cannot view anything on my 360 bos on the V6 box so it has been pretty pointless to change and also the V6 box will not record tv or pause,fast forward or rewind. 

What I need is for the V6 box in the 2nd room to be upgraded to the the 360 format so that the two boxes are compatible and hopefully can see each other box. 

Can anyone advise me as to how easy it is to upgrade the V6 box. I have seen on other threads that I will need  new remote control for the V6 box for it to upgrade.

Any advice would be most appreciated .

Thank you

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 and V6 box not compatible

Thanks for the post Tbones and welcome to our community.

Is the second box smaller than the other V6 as this would be the way which the 360 boxes work with each other.

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Tbones
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

Basically I have 2 boxes one a 360 box which was installed by engineer last night and the other one is a normal V6 box which is the same as the 360 box. 

My issues arose when I changed form the full bundle pack to the Ultimate Oomph package last Monday as ever since one of my V6 boxes has been sowing a fault of M63 which means basically my account is not set up correctly hence the engineer coming out.

Today I have been on the phone for over 2 hours only to find on my first call with the new Virgin Mobile Sim ( never tried before by me) it cuts the call after w hours so I have had to call back.. Not great service but that is a different matter.

Thank you for responding.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for confirming, it sounds like it may not have been installed fully so I'm going to put through the next available engineer appointment using your forum information.

Please check the details of this and reschedule if needed on your online account in the next hour or so when this will update.

Thanks, Emily.

Tbones
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Emily, I have seen my appointment... I have also spoken to someone as well today about it.
The whole package is not great at the moment but I know my tv will be sorted when the engineer comes... Just need my broadband speed to get to what I am paying for now and I will be happy. I still get the same speeds as I did before which is around 300mgbs-350mgbs and I have upgraded to 500mgbs. 

Thanks for what you have done for me thought Emily it is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for the feedback, Tbones.

I've sent this through to her now 🙂

Let us know how the engineer visit goes

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"