Menu
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 V6 Box video quality

Hi 7896526-01,

Thank you for coming back to us, I have had a look at things our end, and the box is still showing as unreachable, please can you unplug both the Router and box from the power for 2 minutes then plug back in?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
FGM
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Ok done. Power cycled both.   Box is on. 

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Hi @FGM,

Thank you for coming back to us. The system is still showing your TV box as 'unreachable' on our end.

Can you tell us if you see any error codes or messages when you turn your TV on?

What light is showing on the front of the TV box when it's on?

Are your other services working okay at the moment?

Please let us know so we can investigate this further for you.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
FGM
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 39
Flag for a moderator

It’s on now might not have been when you checked. Can you give me a time when you’ll be checking so I can make sure it’s on rather than all these messages back and forth? It does turn itself off after a certain amount of time as you know, so if even I leave it on it might not be when you check. 
There’s no error messages, when the box is on the front light is white, red when off. 
Again, it’s the quality of the picture- there’s no artifacting or pixelation- just looks like poor quality  like too much compression. The old TiVo box looked better. 
Uncertain what you can do to improve things, still not sure if worth keeping. My cooling off period is about over so if quality cannot be improved then I may be looking at Sky. 

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 15 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Hello @FGM,

Is your 360 plugged in at the moment, it is showing as unreachable at the moment.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
FGM
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 39
Flag for a moderator

It’s plugged in but I just turned it on 

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response @FGM.

Unfortunately, we are still unable to see your TV box on our side as it shows as unreachable. Are you rebooting your device as seen here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-restart-or-reset-your-box#tab2.  In regards to your TV picture quality, do you get this on all channels? Also, does this occur on live TV as well as on-demand? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
jamesredfern
Superfast
Message 18 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Mine is apparently never reachable. By either customer services or the status checker app and its switched on 24/7

FGM
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Well, it’s getting a bit ridiculous now. Why can’t you reach it? Sounds like someone else has the same issue with not being able to connect to their box (see a response here) 

it occurs on all channels, obviously SD doesn’t look as good anyway, but HD not ideal. 

Yes, rebooted as outlined. I work in AV professionally and familiar with recycling power and rebooting devices and making sure connection are properly secured. 

I assume you connect to my box via broadband?

It might be the quality of the box in scaling and decoding is not that good. 

0 Kudos
jamesredfern
Superfast
Message 20 of 39
Flag for a moderator

I honestly think that the hardware is not up to the job the software demands.  Substandard picture and Soundbar/Dolby issues scream to me that the box just cant handle what's being asked.  Maybe the V6 software was lighter and had some more headroom for post processing and the 360 software is just maxing out the box's spec.