Menu
duffych
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

360 Upgrade

I currently pay 79 per month for the ultimate oomph package and received a email to upgrade for no extra cost. Can anyone at Virgin explain that after following the link and seeing that my package would go up by roughly £5 per month and after getting onto live chat advising that there would a £35 setup fee, why this is being allowed to be posted on the website and misleading people?

duffych_2-1608580881220.png

duffych_0-1608580692684.png

Nowhere above does it mention an activation fee or why my package cost would increase. I've seen other posts but they've had no clear answers. Trying to talk this over through chat/phone is like wading through custard so i'd like anyone to respond here please.

0 Kudos
RAQUEL6
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 Upgrade

Hi Duff 

We have just upgraded to the oomph package, if you sign up they waive the £35 fee , pretending they are doing you a favour 😉

We are getting a OLED TV so as the boxes stream in 4k think its worth it , easy to set up as well so no need to book an engineer 

Kickoverthestatues
0 Kudos
vircom
Super solver
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My understanding is that people on the UO package should not be charged. If you can, get though to the “thinking of leaving” team and ask them to sort it out. I suspect that these free “upgrades” are being managed by a different team and the normal agents don’t have access to the free options or have not been properly briefed.

Thank you for being an early adopter and helping to sort out this nonsense, while us luddites wait until the system and software actually works properly, before deciding if it is worth having.
0 Kudos
paul1973
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ive just encountered the same problem.

Signed up last month for the ultimate package £77.99 per month.

Tried to do the "free upgrade" to the 360 and my bill goes up to £92 if I agree.

Not sure why this would be if its a free upgrade. I obviously didn't finish the order so I will try and get in touch with customer services to see what the problem is. 

0 Kudos
duffych
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Judging from people are saying about the boxes its not all what it cracks up to be so i think i'll leave chasing the upgrade, v6 boxes working perfectly fine.