cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Updated From V6 Is Bad!

gary1970
Joining in

Hello

I had my box updated to 360 from V6 and it is really really bad. I have had my tv picture constantly freezing and stuttering during my recorded shows. Sometimes the sound and picture freezes for a second on tv too. Also in the tv guide not always displaying the info or even the channel names. I have turned the box on and off as advised every time I call 150 but it is not helping. This is an awful system to use I wish I stayed on the V6. Can I swap back to V6? I really dont want this 360. It is like something that has not been tested and just thrown out quickly.

Can someone please tell me where I can change it back to V6 that works properly.

20 REPLIES 20

I was told on another thread that the software auto-installed itself after 7 days if you didn't activate the remote/software yourself?

I had the update option and app available of two weeks but I like to think they removed these due to my constant calls regarding error MA1/1/404 which I got every time I tried to update using the home screen option or the app.

I would hope the 7day auto update  has been removed if the software is so bad at the moment.

theinvisibleman
Tuning in

I upgraded 5 days ago, and unfortunately I have been told that their system will not allow me to downgrade.

The TV 360 box is very poor because:

1. You can only sync 1 remote control at a time.

2. The Guide no longer shows which programs are "New". You have to go into "Info" to see if it's a repeat or a new episode. Even then, it only shows the year it was created. It might say 2021, but it still could be a repeat... there is no way of knowing.

3. Fast Forward no longer jumps back a few seconds. You know how you are fast forwarding and you get to the end of the advert you press Play, but by the time you hit Play you have gone a few seconds too far? The V6 box jumps back a few seconds to take into account your reaction time, well the 360 doesn't. I have to rewind EVERY SINGLE TIME.

4. When you get near the end of a program, you get a "Delete/Keep?" message in the top right hand corner of the screen. When you are watching BBC (i.e. no adverts at the end), this box appears DURING the program. While the box is there, the fast forward/reverse function is disabled, which is a pain sometimes.

My advice, do not upgrade to TV 360.

@theinvisibleman wrote:

3. Fast Forward no longer jumps back a few seconds. You know how you are fast forwarding and you get to the end of the advert you press Play, but by the time you hit Play you have gone a few seconds too far? The V6 box jumps back a few seconds to take into account your reaction time, well the 360 doesn't. I have to rewind EVERY SINGLE TIME.

This is a really handy feature, but I think it's a patented TiVo function, so unless VM can find a way to do it without infringing on this, then I doubt we'll see it in TV 360.

SH2 modem mode | AC86U router | AC68U node

@theinvisibleman wrote:

4. When you get near the end of a program, you get a "Delete/Keep?" message in the top right hand corner of the screen. When you are watching BBC (i.e. no adverts at the end), this box appears DURING the program. While the box is there, the fast forward/reverse function is disabled, which is a pain sometimes

If you go to Saved, Recordings, and select Manage, top right you can turn this off.

Will try that... thanks.

theinvisibleman
Tuning in

I've found another reason the 360 box sucks:

5. You can't un-delete a previously deleted recording. If you delete a program by mistake... tough!

theinvisibleman
Tuning in

6. No double speed, with sound.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

6. There was no double speed with sound on V6 either.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Okay 1.3x speed... shee, some people are so picky.

Watching live TV using Quick View

Quick View allows you to play shows at 1.3 x normal speed with pitch-corrected audio, so you don't have to listen to high-pitched audio while you watch your favourite shows in less time.

Quick View is particularly great for news and sports programs, and is available for all recorded shows and Delay TV (up until you reach the live TV point).

1. While watching a show, press Play on the remote to bring up the Trickplay Bar
  2. Press OK to start Quick View Mode
  3. When you’re finished watching in Quick View, repeat the above steps to resume watching at normal speed