cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Tuner identifier

YorkyOwl17
Joining in

Have two 360 boxes installed. When I switch either of them on they may be identified as, Tuner 1 (name of box) and next time I switch the same box on identified as Tuner 4 (name of box). Why is this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @YorkyOwl17 

You can rename the 360 boxes to something more meaningful if you go into Settings > System > Rename boxes

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The box has 6 cable tuners, so can record up to 6 channels at once. I assume the identification is the tuner you are using.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @YorkyOwl17 

You can rename the 360 boxes to something more meaningful if you go into Settings > System > Rename boxes

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Will do thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@nodrogd wrote:

The box has 6 cable tuners, so can record up to 6 channels at once. I assume the identification is the tuner you are using.

This would work on a V6, but the TV360 doesn't have the individual tuner control that the V6 does.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks