cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Tuner identifier

YorkyOwl17
Joining in

Have two 360 boxes installed. When I switch either of them on they may be identified as, Tuner 1 (name of box) and next time I switch the same box on identified as Tuner 4 (name of box). Why is this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @YorkyOwl17 

You can rename the 360 boxes to something more meaningful if you go into Settings > System > Rename boxes

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The box has 6 cable tuners, so can record up to 6 channels at once. I assume the identification is the tuner you are using.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @YorkyOwl17 

You can rename the 360 boxes to something more meaningful if you go into Settings > System > Rename boxes

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Will do thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@nodrogd wrote:

The box has 6 cable tuners, so can record up to 6 channels at once. I assume the identification is the tuner you are using.

This would work on a V6, but the TV360 doesn't have the individual tuner control that the V6 does.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks