cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 TV remote not working

BeanheadBuddha
Joining in

My 360 remote won't allow me to view Virgin TV guide, change channel, or use any of the 360 box features.  (I can turn my TV on and change the volume).  I've followed the guides to re-pair and factory reset my 360 remote with no success.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the remote appears to have stopped working make sure the the power saving mode setting is on Fast Start.

Did you press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds to factory reset the TV 360 remote?

You could also try removing the batteries and put them back in.

You can also pair the 360 remote by holding down the 'TV' button and '0' button together until the Standby button starts to flash.

And also by pressing Home > Settings > Pair remote with devices ? Pair TV and follow the on screen instructions

For the time being you can use the Virgin TV Go app instead as a temporary remote control  download page 

You can call  150 from a Virgin phone, or 0345 454 1111, to order a new 360 remote but best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of new 360 remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the remote appears to have stopped working make sure the the power saving mode setting is on Fast Start.

Did you press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds to factory reset the TV 360 remote?

You could also try removing the batteries and put them back in.

You can also pair the 360 remote by holding down the 'TV' button and '0' button together until the Standby button starts to flash.

And also by pressing Home > Settings > Pair remote with devices ? Pair TV and follow the on screen instructions

For the time being you can use the Virgin TV Go app instead as a temporary remote control  download page 

You can call  150 from a Virgin phone, or 0345 454 1111, to order a new 360 remote but best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of new 360 remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi there

My 360 remote will only turn my TV on and off and change volume. I can't access any 360 box features at all. I've removed and replaced the battery's and followed the steps to pair and factory reset my remote to no avail.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @BeanheadBuddha 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post.

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your 360 remote. 

Have you managed to follow the advise offered from @newapollo?

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Lunn2k20
Joining in

I had exactly the same issue , worked with TV but not with box , tried the reset & re pair which did not work .... Believe or not I thought to myself it needs a good bang .. I threw the remote hard at the floor ( not so hard it will shatter) and voila problem solved !!! Worked ever since !