Menu
thrice
Superfast
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

360 Software Update

I realize such things are hedged around with a multitude of ifs and buts and other caveats - not to mention more than a little disorder due to a global pandemic - but has anyone any idea (even a vague one) when we might expect the next software update currently on 4.28? And (a big ask, this) what it might contain?

0 Kudos
lennyv
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 Software Update

I would expect it to roll out soon based on this recent post from Ziggo about 4.29 - https://www.ziggo.nl/televisie/mediaboxen/mediabox-next/update

0 Kudos
thrice
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the link lennyv but it's all Dutch to me 😄 Google Translate to the rescue and it seems version 4.29 concerns only minor fixes. Perhaps I should have stated in my original post the next MAJOR update. I am thinking in particular of the features people seem to miss most such as 'New Only' series links and so on.

roy247
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi lennyv,

says there about the all important low battery warning, I thought that was part of 4.28.

0 Kudos
lennyv
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

IIRC when 4.28 was released not every change was included in the release notes, but I'd expect anything significant to be mentioned. So far the idea of regular updates hasn't really materialised - this is the first for a couple of months I think.

As for the major updates like the sort of series link functionality Tivo users have enjoyed, well... one the one hand it could be a while yet given the headline change this time was that you get a message to tell you the batteries need changing in your remote, but on the other hand they could easily be working on a major release at the same time with bigger updates...

0 Kudos