cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Remote

ryandowse
Joining in

I have had Virgin installed yesterday and unfortunately not everything on the remote works. I've tried the reset options on the websites and on YouTube that people suggested on other posts but unfortunately, still no look.

Ideally should be able to change the volume on my soundbar (plugged in digital to the TV) for my main box downstairs, and just through my JVC TV and minibox upstairs. Both link devices process shows the TV brand, but won't change volume when doing the tests and checks, never-mind afterwards.

Help!

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ryandowse wrote:

Ideally should be able to change the volume on my soundbar (plugged in digital to the TV) for my main box downstairs, and just through my JVC TV and minibox upstairs. Both link devices process shows the TV brand, but won't change volume when doing the tests and checks, never-mind afterwards.

Do you mean it's connected by optical cable? The soundbar needs to be connected via HDMI ARC port on your TV if it has one, and you also probably need to have HDMI-CEC or equivalent on The TV turned on.

There's a video showing how to set up a soundbar (from around the 1 minute 5 seconds point) /youtube.com 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you for your reply. My sound bar doesn't have HDMI connectivity and it is optical cable into the TV. Every other remote works the sound bar perfectly well; the Sky remote (even now I'm on Virgin), the FireStick, but the Virgin remote doesn't do anything. I want it to turn the TV off,  and switch inputs, like I should be able to, and use the full function but it won't do it.

Hello ryandowse.

Thanks for joining our Community.

Sorry to hear you are unable to program the 360 remote with your soundbar.

Can I please take the make and model number?

That way I can see if it is compatible.

Gareth_L