cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Remote pairing failure

Cashinone
On our wavelength

Hi

We upgraded to 360 via a software update onto our V6 box 3 months ago.

a painless process that worked until 2 days ago when the 360 remote stopped working the sound. But everything else fine.

we have a Samsung TV connected via HDMI to a Samsung Soundbar. Have tried power off  - all power on. Have tried re- pairing the remote. TV says paired. It is for all but sound.

the old V6 remote still works as do the there Samsung remotes.

any ideas appreciated 

regards

Cashinone

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Cashinone 

The old V6 remote shouldn't be able to work with the 360 - the 360 is run on the Horizon operating system.

I have made a mistake a few times with the remote on my 360..

Check the 360 Settings > Audio & Video > Volume keys control

There will be 2 options there - I have an LG TV but don't have a soundbar so mine is set as LG TV.

If I click on that it changes to LG amplifier and that prevents the volume keys working on my 360 remote.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Cashinone 

The old V6 remote shouldn't be able to work with the 360 - the 360 is run on the Horizon operating system.

I have made a mistake a few times with the remote on my 360..

Check the 360 Settings > Audio & Video > Volume keys control

There will be 2 options there - I have an LG TV but don't have a soundbar so mine is set as LG TV.

If I click on that it changes to LG amplifier and that prevents the volume keys working on my 360 remote.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Many thanks @newapollo
Your recommendation worked and problem solved.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for the update @Cashinone 

Glad it's all working now

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hi Folks

since my problem was solved on 27th Oct everything worked fine until my Samsung TV advised me A few days ago that it had updated…… ? What I do not know.

at the same time the Samsung Soundbar that had been controlled by the Virgin 360 handset as ‘TV arc’ ceased. Despite following previous advice I have been unable to resolve the problem? 

can @newapollo or the wider community offer any help

regards

Cashinone

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Cashinone 

The update on your Samsung may have disabled/changed some settings.

I hope the following helps.

TV's  need  HDMI-CEC enabled on both soundbar and TV. Different makes call it by other names. Samsung call it Anynet+

Press the Home button your TV remote, and then navigate to and select Settings > General. Select External Device Manager, and then select Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) to turn it on. Next, connect an external device using an HDMI cable, and then turn on the device - it will automatically connect to the TV.

A google search showed this for Samsung soundbars https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062384/ 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hi @Cashinone

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

How've you managed to get on after following the advice from the very helpful newapollo?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks @newapollo for your advice.

partial success in that the Soundbar sound is again present for the vast majority of time. There is an odd instance several times each evening for the sound to disappear entirely. This lasts for up to 45 secs or so at a time before it resolves itself.

I had wondered if I connected with optical cable rather than HDMI there would be a different result but have not as yet attempted that.

Any further advice would be appreciated

regsrds

Cashinone