cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Remote not working but does for volume/input buttons

adhiren
Dialled in

This is a new one as the /360 remote only seems to work for the physical tv functions such as volume, mute, power (tv only) and the input mode button and changing inputs - that is all. It was working fine until an hour. The lighting on the remote does come on while pressing anything but that's about it. I have tried restarting the V6 box but that didn't do anything.  There is a static white light on the V6 box, however it doesn't flicker or anything when you try pressing a button on the remote or change to red when the power button is pressed. 

Should I just order a new remote? I've had this remote for quite a while so all a bit odd 

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Community elder

Have you tried new batteries and factory resetting the remote and repairing.

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the 360 remote.

After the factory reset, try pressing TV and 0 button for 10 seconds and it should now force pairing.

You could also try this, press the Standby/On button on the front of the box for 10 secondsThen using the remote control, press and hold the TV button and the 0 button together for 10 seconds.

Previously tried all that and no success

Have tried the tv go app and use the remote that way except when you click on 'connect to virgin tv' you just get the following and it stays that way

Screenshot_20230530_131023_Virgin TV Go.jpg

roy247
Community elder

That looks like the 360 is possibly not connected to your hub, if you are still having problems have you tried logging into My Virgin Media and go to check service status and then run the test's from "still having problems".

adhiren
Dialled in

Yup, tried all that already and no success. I spoke to someone on the phone and all they said they would do for now is send me a new remote. I did say the remote app is also not working so it might be more than that but didn't seem to want to hear it and just said to call again if the new remote does not work.  The light on the box has changed to a solid red now and just stays like that even if try to do anything on the remote or elsewhere.  My minimum term is over now so maybe it's a sign that I should get out of Virgin

roy247
Community elder

If you reboot the 360 with the switch on the back of the box and can't turn it on with the switch on the front I would say it's faulty and needs replacing, maybe one of the forum team will pick this up for you.

Hi Adhiren, 

Thanks for your post, I am sorry you're having this issue with your TV services recently. 

I have had a look at your services on my side and can see there is an area outage, which is regarding an SNR issue. 

This is due to be fixed  - 05 JUN 2023 09:00 - but please be aware this is just an estimate, it could change depending on what the engineers find. However, I am sure they will be working incredibly hard to get this fixed as soon as possible for you. 

I am sorry for any inconvenience or disruption this may be causing right now.

Please come back to us after the timeframe has been and gone so we can check this again for you 🤗

Thanks, 

Megan_L