cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

360 Remote not remembering app sign in

Ames78
Tuning in

Hello wise people,

I've had the new virgin 360 remote for a few days. Its great - managed to pair it to the TV and the sound system. Navigating around fine however everything I go to an app (iplayer, its hub etc) I have to keep signing in. It won't remember any details. Very frustrating.. the same happens with Netflix but when I have signed in- nothing will play. Checked the WiFi- not a problem. 

Any suggestions? Thank you 😊 

24 REPLIES 24

Hello,

I have had a new remote and updated my tivo box a few days ago, i am experiencing the same problems as described above ie email and passwords are not remembered in Netflix and several other apps.

This is very frustrating.

what was the outcome .....

Please help....

Keith

Hi Keith

Very frustrating and virgin not much help.

In the end, it has sorted itself out although occasionally it does prompt for sign ins again although not as often - so we are living with it! 

Might cancel virgin though when the contract is up and get an amazon firestick! 

Good luck 

Thanks for the reply, trying a few things will let you know if i have a solution.
No help from Virgin yet

Keith

Hi @Ames78

Thank you for your post I am sorry about the frustration on the issues you are having with your TV remote, how is this been since your post? As you advised it got better.

Hi @Plodder how is yours looking since your post?
Zoie

Hi Thanks for contact, I am still experiencing problems yesterday i used  i player and Netflix both worked ok.

Following your message have just rechecked  and now not working again. When i go to apps Netflix, Virgin Media store, BBC iplayer,  ITVX, ALL 4,  ETC.

There  label shows but inside the label nothing is displayed, if i continue to launch app it usually loads and then asks for me to login AGAIN.

This is very frustrating ..

Sometimes i get code CS2400

Other apps like Disney which i have not signed into have info inside the label.

As i have been writing this now on the Home page, other problems . several of the labels on this screen are now empty, ie top picks although if i select it does load.

I have already unplugged and checked all connections .

Would appreciate some help

Hi Zoie

It was a bit better- but I've noticed if we don't use the TV for a few hours it logs out again - when I say a few hours I mean about 12 - so this happens regularly. It has also wiped all recordings which is a real concern as I had recorded lots of kids films over Christmas to cut back on Disney plus subscription due to rising costs..

All in all very frustrating and disappointing- wish we'd never upgraded to the new remote and renewed the virgin contract tbh.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Plodder wrote:

When i go to apps Netflix, Virgin Media store, BBC iplayer,  ITVX, ALL 4,  ETC.

There  label shows but inside the label nothing is displayed, if i continue to launch app it usually loads and then asks for me to login AGAIN.

This is very frustrating ..

Sometimes i get code CS2400

Other apps like Disney which i have not signed into have info inside the label.

As i have been writing this now on the Home page, other problems . several of the labels on this screen are now empty, ie top picks although if i select it does load.

I have already unplugged and checked all connections .

Would appreciate some help

The CS2400 error  is apps not accessible. Can you use On Demand and Catch Up services? 

The fact that you are also having problems seeing on screen icons as well points to an internet connection issue which  you can check by looking in Settings > System > Diagnostics

This gives a visual representation of your connection status, signal quality and connection speed.

If there are errors there then top part of the screen will show where it's failing ie between the hub and the 360, or from the VM Servers.

How is the box connected to the internet? Ethernet is ideal, however wifi should be fine providing the internet signal is strong enough. Are you using any third party equipment such as your own router or wifi extender?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi, Catchup was working over the weekend just tried now and now not  loading error CS2500

Apps still not loading error CS2400.

The box is connected via wifi.

On the diagnosis 

All looks good ie quality good and speed high

No other   equipment  connected using virgin hub 

Hi @Plodder thanks for your reply here.

There aren't any network issues on the line here, but could you try connecting your TV box via ethernet connection even if temporarily to see if this helps at all?
Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi The box is now completely dead. an engineer is hopefully coming tomorrow.