Menu
thrice
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

360 Recordings Unavailable

A strange one this. Saturday evening I tried to watch a recording and a box popped up with something like "This recording is currently unavailable, please try again later" I can't remember the exact wording or if there was an error code. Then there was the usual stuff about if the problem persists etc. I tried to watch the recording on Sunday morning and it played normally. How can a recording be unavailable?

Both my 360 boxes (originally V6 boxes) have recently updated to software version 4.31 and I have encountered other problems with the TV guide when using a profile since the update and I wonder if this problem is linked. It has never occurred before.

newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 360 Recordings Unavailable

Was the recording made on your other boc which was offline when you tried to watch it?

It's best if both boxes are on either Fast Start or Active Start rather than Eco(Slow Start) so the boxes can see each other.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
thrice
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There is no easy way (that I know) to find out which box the show was recorded on. My suspicion is that it is on the same box as I was trying to view it on but I can't be sure. Both boxes are set to 'Active Start'. At the time this happened the second box was on blue light standby. The bit that puzzles me is the "unable to view this recording at this time". Understandable if it was something being streamed on demand but puzzling for something already recorded.

Odd that it's never happened before. I have now changed both boxes to 'Fast Start' to see if this problem occurs again.

thrice
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

After I changed my boxes to 'Fast Start' this problem has not re-occurred. Recordings now play as normal.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi thrice,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums, apologies for our delayed response from here.

Sorry to hear you had some trouble playing recordings from your TV360 box last night, although I'm pleased to here you've been able to fix the issue yourself. We appreciate you updating the public thread with your resolution.

If you do happen to come across any other issues from here, please don't hesitate to get back in touch and we'll be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos