cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Questions (Parental Controls Issue & TV Go Issue).

deans6571
Wise owl

More useful to start a new thread rather than tag onto one which has already been answered:

Parental Controls Issue

Under Parental Controls, I have the PIN option for Watershed Recordings turned OFF however, tonight, when I went to watch Celebrity SAS Who Dares Wins on Ch4HD, my box still asked me for a PIN when I chose the ‘Watch from Start’ option (I was watching it a few minutes behind) ?

TV Go Issue

On the old Virgin TV Control app for the V6 TiVo, you could go into the app and set up recordings EVEN when the box was in StandBy. I've just discovered that on the current Virgin TV Go app for the V6 360, you CANNOT do this ?! When I tried to set up a recording, I received a message along the lines of something like "....your box is in StandBy so this action will be scheduled" ?! What's the point of the app then if it only works with the box when the it is NOT in StandBy...?!

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

@deans6571 wrote:

More useful to start a new thread rather than tag onto one which has already been answered:

TV Go Issue

On the old Virgin TV Control app for the V6 TiVo, you could go into the app and set up recordings EVEN when the box was in StandBy. I've just discovered that on the current Virgin TV Go app for the V6 360, you CANNOT do this ?! When I tried to set up a recording, I received a message along the lines of something like "....your box is in StandBy so this action will be scheduled" ?! What's the point of the app then if it only works with the box when the it is NOT in StandBy...?!

Hi deans6571,

just tried this and I did get the will be scheduled message, but then about about 10-20 seconds later I got a message saying the box was out of standby and recording set.

360 is still in Standby and the recording is shown as being set on the TVGO app. 360 set to active start.

Roy

I have also noticed that you can watch a programme live without a PIN number but watch from the Start needs the PIN number, just accepted it as being odd.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

roy247
Community elder

@deans6571 wrote:

TV Go Issue

Hi deans6571,

just tried this and I did get the will be scheduled message, but then about about 10-20 seconds later I got a message saying the box was out of standby and recording set.

360 is still in Standby and the recording is shown as being set on the TVGO app. 360 set to active start.

Roy

I have also noticed that you can watch a programme live without a PIN number but watch from the Start needs the PIN number, just accepted it as being odd.

@roy247 wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

TV Go Issue

Hi deans6571,

Roy

My box is also in 'Active Start' but I'm only getting the "We'll schedule to record when the box wakes up" message when I set a recording within the app ?

Maybe this only works when the box is in 'Fast Start' mode?

Is there a setting I need to turn on somewhere in order for this to work (my box doesn't wake up when the above schedule is set) ?

In the TVGO app in Settings, Virgin TV Boxes, you will see your 360 box listed, if you have a mini box that will listed as well, if I am right you don't have a mini box, you should have a tick next to Remote recordings, it will also say if your box is offline, mine was earlier today as Virgin have been working on the network and I had to power cycle the 360 to reconnect to Virgin, I think it would have done this automatically at some point, it says " Your Virgin TV box cannot be found on this network " for my mini box, I may need to power cycle that also to reconnect to the Hub.

The only other setting I know about in the TVGO app is under Recordings and that is the Default box for recording, which if you only have one box shouldn't be a problem, using TVGO on my laptop it defaults to the mini box every time I use it, something may be stuck in the app somewhere, when I had 2 V6 boxes I did have that location set as my default when using the app.

If your 360 is showing as online and set to active start then the app should set the recording as mine did, did you check the Guide to see if the recording got set in case you missed the second message as they don't appear for long.

The only other thing I can think of is do you have to be on the same network to set the recording, I don't think I have tried setting a recording when I have been out somewhere. If that is the case it defeats the object of the app really.

deans6571
Wise owl

Would it be beneficial to have one thread (this one) whereby users could post their feedback/requests (can't see a thread like this anywhere) ? Could this thread be pinned to the top of the forum perhaps, as this will be an ongoing thread - it would seem a little pointless to allow it to move down and be buried under all the other posts ?

I'll start by adding my first request/feedback point....

1. Parental Controls

There seems to be a feature/issue/oddity whereby when a user selects to disable the PIN for pre-watershed programs, it STILL asks for a PIN when the user selects to 'Watch From Start' when playing back a program. If the user selects 'Watch Live' it rightly does NOT ask for a PIN. 

Solution: When a user DESELECTS the option to ask for a PIN for pre-watershed programs, the box should NOT ask for a PIN for either of the above options.

@roy247 wrote:

In the TVGO app in Settings, Virgin TV Boxes, you will see your 360 box listed, you should have a tick next to Remote recordings,

Yep - my box is indeed listed.

The only other setting I know about in the TVGO app is under Recordings and that is the Default box for recording, which if you only have one box shouldn't be a problem.

I only have one box.

If your 360 is showing as online and set to active start then the app should set the recording as mine did, did you check the Guide to see if the recording got set in case you missed the second message as they don't appear for long.

I've just checked the app again and no recording has been scheduled (I tried to record the program 'HELP' which is on CH4 HD this Thursday). I haven't actually checked the Guide on my box though - will do this later on.

The only other thing I can think of is do you have to be on the same network to set the recording, I don't think I have tried setting a recording when I have been out somewhere. If that is the case it defeats the object of the app really.

Yep - already checked this and both devices are indeed on the same network.

...see above in red.

@deans6571 wrote:

@roy247 wrote:

I've just checked the app again and no recording has been scheduled (I tried to record the program 'HELP' which is on CH4 HD this Thursday). I haven't actually checked the Guide on my box though - will do this later on.

Sorry I meant the guide in the app, I assume the recording will get set on the 360 as soon as you turn it on.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@deans6571 

I've just tried to record the same program via the TV Go app, firstly on a mobile connection, and secondly via Wi fi on my home network

I receive the same message as yourself, also .I see the message your box is offline, please turn it on and try again.

It worked using both a mobile and home Wi fi connection after turning off my 360 and setting the recording again via the TV Go app.

You are checking channel 141 in the EPG, and not 104?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@newapollo wrote:

@deans6571 

I've just tried to record the same program via the TV Go app, firstly on a mobile connection, and secondly via Wi fi on my home network

I receive the same message as yourself, also .I see the message your box is offline, please turn it on and try again.

It worked using both a mobile and home Wi fi connection after turning off my 360 and setting the recording again via the TV Go app.

...the Guide on the app doesn't have channel numbers??

Looking in the app on channel 4HD for Thursday, the program 'HELP' at 9pm is not currently set to record even though I scheduled it from the app earlier on!

Just for the record - the app is indeed synced up correctly because I can see other planned recordings which I set up on the box itself. 

Perhaps I need to turn the box on first, so that the box can 'see' the app in order to sync the scheduled recording....!

@newapollo wrote:

@deans6571 

I was indeed checking Ch 104 in the EPG that's Ch4 HD is it not (please correct me if I am wrong!) ? 

I have just turned on my box and the program was NOT scheduled to record??! I had to schedule it again from within the app whilst the box and TV were ON for it to then show up in the EPG on the box and under 'Planned Recordings'.

Something is definitely not working correctly somewhere....?!!!