cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Picture Freezing & Blackout

thrice
Superfast

Over the past few weeks, I have had a recurring problem with both my 360 boxes (updated V6s). Between thirty minutes and an hour after switching on the picture will freeze and then black out for maybe ten seconds. The picture then returns and everything is normal again for however long I am viewing. I only tend to watch TV in the evenings so I have no idea if this is happening at other times of the day. As mentioned, this occurs on both boxes and on whatever channel I am viewing at the time. It only seems to happen once each evening. All my connections appear to be fine.

Has anyone any idea what is happening and how it might be fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi thrice,

I'm glad I've managed to arrange help for this issue you're experiencing.

You can view this appointment via your online account here. If you need this changed, you can do this up to 24 hours before the appointment. Someone over the age of 18 will need to be in the property when the engineer is present.

Let us know how you get on with this, we're always happy to help if needed. 

Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does this happen regardless of video source? In other words - OnDemand? Live TV? Recorded programmes?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

thrice
Superfast

I have only experienced this on live TV.

Hi @thrice 👋,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Can you confirm if you have tried rebooting the box?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

thrice
Superfast

Hi Ayisha_B,

Checking my connections and rebooting the box were the very first things I tried. There was no improvement. The ten-second freezing/blackout episodes started to happen around the time my telephone was connected to my hub but this is most likely a coincidence. I have since found that it does not occur every evening but it is annoying when it does. Otherwise, everything seems normal.

Hello thrice.

Sorry the issue with freezing is still occurring.

I am happy to arrange for a Technician to attend and take a look.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your envelope at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

thrice
Superfast

Hi Gareth_L,

I have checked my mailbox but there is nothing new there.

Hi thrice,

I'm glad I've managed to arrange help for this issue you're experiencing.

You can view this appointment via your online account here. If you need this changed, you can do this up to 24 hours before the appointment. Someone over the age of 18 will need to be in the property when the engineer is present.

Let us know how you get on with this, we're always happy to help if needed. 

Gareth_L

thrice
Superfast

Hi Gareth_L,

Ten days ago a Virgin Media engineer attended and discovered that the problem of a freezing picture followed by a blackout originated outside my premises. He checked my 360 boxes, remade some connections and pronounced everything indoors in good order. The problem was, he said, most likely in the green street cabinet and that someone would be along to sort it.

Since then the outside problem has not been fixed and the freezing/blackout problem has got worse. I am beginning to suspect that I have been forgotten about.

thrice
Superfast

Since yesterday I can add severe pixelation to this problem. This only occurs on broadcast channels, streaming is unaffected.