Menu
CDB1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

360 Multiroom wiring?

I'm getting a 360 multi room set up installed tomorrow.  Can anyone tell me how they wire it in.

For the multi room set up do they have to run a new cable into the house? (I already have a Virgin big house package) Or can they split the feed already inside the house that goes to my V6 box?

I'm just wondering how much furniture I'll need to move to give them access to what they need.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 Multiroom wiring?

They will run the cable whichever you prefer and meets health and safety, e.g. not over your roof.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@CDB1 wrote:

I'm getting a 360 multi room set up installed tomorrow.  Can anyone tell me how they wire it in.

For the multi room set up do they have to run a new cable into the house? (I already have a Virgin big house package) Or can they split the feed already inside the house that goes to my V6 box?

I'm just wondering how much furniture I'll need to move to give them access to what they need.

Thank you.

how many TV boxes do you have currently?  They will be replaced with 360 boxes and if so wont need any additional wiring. 

If you're also adding a second or third set top box to what you currently have, then a coax cable will need to be run.  Let me know how you get on...

0 Kudos
CDB1
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I currently just have the one box, so just want to know if they'll splice into that cable or if they'll run a brand new cable through another hole in the outside wall.

I'm guessing they'll be drilling through internal walls and ceilings to get the cable upstairs.

0 Kudos
markdyer72
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I would assume they will run the cable outside and thru the bedroom wall as that is how it is in my house when I purchased it although I don’t have multi-room

0 Kudos
CDB1
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just in case anyone was wondering, he did Tee into the existing cable and went up through the ceiling.

0 Kudos