Menu
marcanda
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

360 Mini box in a different room

I'm about 45 minutes in waiting to speak to a human on 150 so thought may as well post this question on here as I can't find a solution anywhere online.  I have 3 wall boxes, all with single connections and  all in separate rooms. the first room has my V6 (which will be upgraded to 360) second room has a Tivo and the third room has the Superhub. 

Now the issue is I'd like to put the new 360 mini box into the same room as the Superhub.  I'm guessing I can use a coaxial splitter to enable me to do this but would I need an engineer or is it a diy job if I can get Virgin to send me out the correct parts. I'd also need a 2 to 3m length of coaxial cable to connect the mini box.

Hope that makes some sort of sense?!

0 Kudos
markdyer72
Superfast
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 Mini box in a different room

Unfortunately it will be an engineer job at a cost of £99 for a non fault call out. I asked the same question on another board as I was going to move mine myself too but was advised against it.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Should all be possible, specially if all sockets a currently live as you say.

It may well depend on how Virgin manages such things however, they may say no and an engineer is required as there's the possibility of a signal adjustment being required.

EDIT: This is assuming your keeping the Tivo in the 2nd room and trying to take 3 TV boxes and the Broadband.

If this is upgrades for existing kit then your probably going to find no additional cabling will be sent as they will expect existing to be used, however new kit normally comes with around 2-3m flylead.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
marcanda
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've heard that'll be the worst case scenario but if the box is already there, to add a splitter is a 15 minute job. That's if the box supplying the superhub works with the tv too

0 Kudos
marcanda
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,  Yes everything is live and the Tivo in the second room wouldn't be used as my son watches everything through his Xbox rather then Virgin.

I guess I could pinch the cable from his room although would still need a splitter.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

See what they say about sending an engineer for you (if you want) they could possibly do it free.

The issue here is that your technically moving kit, now I'm happy to help you do this a point you in the right places of obtaining what you need however its worth noting a couple of issues 'could' arise.

1st thing I need to see is the signal levels coming out where the hub does, to do this go to your web browser and go to http://192.168.0.1/ then click 'Check Router Status' then click 'Downstream' and copy the contents of the table listed into your reply.

I'll tell you more once I get this.

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
marcanda
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Make that waiting 1hr and 25mins and still on hold. At least with furlough I have time to wait as long as the cordless batteries on the phone don't run out 🙂
marcanda
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Matt, many thanks for the offer of help but I've just come off the phone and VM agreed to send an engineer free of charge to install the splitter and setup the mini box at the end of Feb.

They did mention the £99 fee at first but agreed as the box was already in the room they would waive the fee.

Well done Virgin Media 🙂

JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well done glad that's that sorted 🙂

0 Kudos
keithse
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@marcanda wrote:

Hi there,  Yes everything is live and the Tivo in the second room wouldn't be used as my son watches everything through his Xbox rather then Virgin.

I guess I could pinch the cable from his room although would still need a splitter.

The 360 mini will have initially been provided to replace the TiVo I believe, because the 360 system and the TiVo system (V6/TiVo) re not compatible with each other, so you can't have both running at the same time on the same account.

Keith

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos