Menu
robigouk
Superfast
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

360 Installed Last Night - First Impressions (and some questions)

Hi everyone 🙂

Well I installed last night on my main box and 5 mins later the 2nd upstairs V6 box also updated.  I managed to get my head around the menu system quite quickly and it looks very modern.

I found using the voice command the best feature - telling it to go to watchlist or a channel or to search for an up and coming programme makes it slick!

Couple of questions:-

1. I can't see a slow motion button on the remote - has this feature gone
  2. I used to use the "QuickView" feature a lot (especially long sport events etc.) has this gone?
  3. I saw on the TV advert you can pause on one box and then continue on another, didn't quite get that to work?
  4. wish lists - I gather they've gone?
  5. Under settings:-   "Match Frame Rate" - anybody know the differences between on and off?

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 Installed Last Night - First Impressions (and some questions)

1. Press Pause and then fast forward once gets to a 'slow motion' play option
  2. Yes, it's V6 specific.
  3. I think that's recording and On Demand specific. Don't think it applies if you pause live channel.
  4. Wishlists are a TiVo thing again, the Watchlist is the closest for saving things. However you can use the voice search for actors e.g. 'Robert Downey Jr'
  5. I think that allows for different rates e.g. 60 or 24 frames per second as native playback rather than converting it to the 'standard' 50hz. That would be dependent on TV support too.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

1. & 2. for items 1 and 2 I have not come across either of these so can only presume they no longer exist. Remember the software is still in its early stages and some of the features we had on the TiVo software have not been ported across and some may not get ported.

3. I have only had this happen a few times, sometimes it works and other times it doesn't , will prob get better as we get more software updates,

4. there us a wishlist section in the saved /recording's menu. it is one of the tabs and you can add programs to it.

5. the match frame rate setting if turned on will adjust the frame rate if the program was recorded at a different frame rate. for instants some movies are films at 24 fps and the box will change to that frame rate if you have the option enabled 

0 Kudos
robigouk
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the replies!  OK I'll try and have a play with the Match Frame Rate to see if I can notice any improvement/loss of quality etc. 🙂 

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

you wont notice that much difference on most channels and programs

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As far as I know at the moment the only content with different frame rates are in the apps i.e. Netflix etc.

Broadcast channels aren't any different nor currently is any of the content from the main On Demand menus.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos