Menu
willia2
Joining in
Message 1 of 33
Flag for a moderator

360 Freezes during playback and Searching Menus

Hi. I’m a new customer and am rather disappointed with the experience offered so far.

We have two 360s. When using the main box menus are very hesitant- for example when selecting a channel, or loading an app. Recordings played on the main box freeze, regardless of which channel recorded from (sky sports, bbc, c4 etc). This can be for a few seconds or hesitation, or in the worst case playback freezes entirely.

I have performed a factory reset but the problem persists. I haven't dared to try playing a recording on the 360 mini. The main box is suggesting a very good signal and network connection- as is the mini. The box was manufactured by Arris.

We are only a few days into a new contract (which I could still potentially cancel) and the level of viewing experience is way behind our experience of a Roku streaming stick, and way more expensive!

May someone please urgently help. The system is, at times unusable, and recordings are unwatchable. Very poor but hopefully a solution is out there.

Is it likely, for example, that the box is refurbished and not up to the task in terms of hard drive condition and ability to handle the latest OS?

Not what we were expecting, but thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
roy247
Super solver
Message 2 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 Freezes during playback and Searching Menus

Try watching programme live and also record it at the same time, if the recording has problems and the live viewing didn't then it's more than likely your hard drive is faulty. Also if ondemand and catchup are OK then it's almost certainly your hard drive.

As your box is an Arris box it will be a refurbished V6 box.

Looking like a call to Virgin unless the Forum Team pick this up first.

willia2
Joining in
Message 3 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi roy247

Thank you for your reply.

Pretty much as I suspected, but I will try as you suggest.

thanks again

0 Kudos
Swf
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Have had the same issues. 

It got really bad and boxs freezing up alot.   Have had non stop issues since the update 4.31.    On Arris box's 

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Swf

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Could you reboot all of the boxes and also the hub and let me know how you get on after this?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Royalbeech
Superfast
Message 6 of 33
Flag for a moderator

I am also see the issue with recordings on play back. Watched the Good Doctor from the recording and it started to freeze and stutter from the very beginning and was on and off through the whole show. I tried the UHD on demand straight after and that was absolutely fine.

My wife is seeing it with several of her recordings.

V4.31

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Royalbeech

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Could you also try the steps posted above for me please?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Royalbeech
Superfast
Message 8 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Did the full unplug every wire from both TV boxes, Router and the two WiFi pods, which should eliminate any static build up. Router was the first to be turned back on and let full reboot before I turned every thing else on.

Not tried to watch a recording as yet, but have noticed live TV stuttering and pixelating. Will keep you posted. 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to us. 

Can you confirm how the box is attached to the broadband?  Is it via Ethernet cable? 

Have you managed to watch anything as of yet? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Royalbeech
Superfast
Message 10 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hard wired, (ethernet cable)

Still wainting to test a recorded program, but at lunch time today the box froze completly and needed to be switch off at the mains and rebooted.

Once back up there was an issue when i change to a BBC channel the screen went blank and just audio was avlible?? I change channel and it came back on. this phenomenon only seems to be happening with the BBC channels, notice on BBC 1, BBC2 and the BBC News channel????

Just a suggestion on this, when the software team look into it, could it be the RED button Macro/script etc.. causing this??

Wife has told me it won't skip back 10s on live TV?? 

SOFTWARE ISSUES FOR SURE! 

0 Kudos