cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Box

Jen731
Joining in

I’ve just renewed my contract and the only deal offered to keep price down was the 360 box which I didn’t want but had to have. Wanted to keep our V6 boxes but was told this was the only option. We are an elderly couple and it was a very long phone call, over 45 minutes, as the agent had to keep updating the codes on her computer. We have 14 days to cancel but wonder what options we will have? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

However, to add to @nodrogd  - you've mentioned having 14days to cancel, this cooling off applies to the pricing element of your package only.

The voluntary choice to convert your TV hardware does not normally come with any cooling off as the choice is as described - voluntary. There have been users on this forum who have (on the face of their post here) been a victim of mis-selling who have been reverted from TV360 > V6. But only fair to point out this bit is not normally covered by 14day cancellation. I will follow the outcome of this thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From what we have been told the migration to Horizon V360 is still voluntary & is NOT contract dependent. ie. Whatever contract you sign up to you can keep the existing TV platform.

Forum staff should respond to this thread shortly, & will give you a definitive answer.

I have moved your thread to the V6 support board, as the Chatter boards are not monitored by support staff.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

However, to add to @nodrogd  - you've mentioned having 14days to cancel, this cooling off applies to the pricing element of your package only.

The voluntary choice to convert your TV hardware does not normally come with any cooling off as the choice is as described - voluntary. There have been users on this forum who have (on the face of their post here) been a victim of mis-selling who have been reverted from TV360 > V6. But only fair to point out this bit is not normally covered by 14day cancellation. I will follow the outcome of this thread.

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jen731, 

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your recent upgrade looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 

I can see @nodrogd & @japitts have already given you some advice 🤗 Thank you guys!

I can confirm that you are able to keep your V6 box with some offers.

However - Some deals may need a 360 box to work correctly. For example, if a TV deal includes an aspect that is only available on the 360 box, then we would need to upgrade you to the newest hardware version, because the old V6 box is not compatible with the deal you want. 

So that might be why the agent had to upgrade you to the new 360 box in this case.

I hope this explains it for you! 

Let us know if you need any further help. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Jen731
Joining in

Thank you but we only want we already have. This is keeping our V6 boxes. 

Thank you Megan but we don't want to upgrade to 360, we only want to keep our V6 boxes.

Hi Jen731, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

If you would like to keep your V6 service then as you're within the 14 days cooling off period, you will be able to swap back to what you had previously. As Megan mentioned above, some deals are specific on having the 360 service so it may not be possible to keep the new agreed deal. 

Your best option would be to speak to our helpful team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. Advise them you would like to keep the V6 boxes and not upgrade to 360 and they will be able to put together a new package for you that can be applied without the need to upgrade. 

Please keep us posted on how things go 🙂

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

And it goes on...we had engineer come out and he sorted box out upstairs, keeping V6. Great but now the downstairs V6 has started loading 360 which we do not want and never asked fot it. To top it all we now have received email from Virgin saying our monthly bill has gone from £86 to £237 and our contract specifically states new contract £86! Can someone help? 

Monthly bill sorted

I will send you a PM @Jen731 

Just to discuss the billing further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill