Menu
robertbramble41
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

360 Box feedback

So I like a lot of things about this new Virgin TV experience but I'd like to add some things to what others have had to say about what's missing. I hate that when recording a show I can't go to the channel, if the program is still being recorded, rewind back without having to go to the saved section. If I'm watching a channel I can't change the channel and change back without it still recording that channel. If recording and I'm watching another program and I go to the channel I'm recording it'll give an option to go live or start from the beginning if I choose start from the top it'll go to streaming instead of what you're recording. I can't retrieve recently deleted. There are other things big and small missing  the 360 box that where available with the V6 box. I don't understand, why remove great stuff and ease of use. The 360 experience is good but it could've been great, there was no UX removed from the other Virgin box when upgrading to the V6 box so why do this. As a customer I feel short charged, my experience has been made worse with these changes. 

Hoggie
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 Box feedback

for an upgrade, virgin seems to have removed some of the bits that made the V6 box so good and user friendly.

why didn't Virgin Media talk to us before running headfirst into the new T360.

My wife enjoyed flicking between tuners and rewinding whats on because of the tuner buffering.

Missed a trick there virgin Media.

Happy Days

Phil

this post may contain nuts 😉
0 Kudos
roy247
Well-informed
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Agree with what have said.

If you want to go between 2 programs that are recording if you press the back button, (as there is no stop button), it will stop that program where it is and then you can press the back button to take you to your save recordings and then watch the other program from the start and watch to a certain point, you can then press back to stop, and then back to the menu select your other program and you will get the option to start where you left off. Have to do this all the time if watching football on European nights, it was so much easier before the V360. 

0 Kudos
Fox35
Up to speed
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Agree with previous post. Far from been an upgrade, this is a big step backwards. The old V+ boxes were better than this.

This is all just about pretty graphics and voice control for millennials, user features and usability have gone.

V6 TiVo was a great system with Series Link+.

I wont be keeping this, Please revert my box back to V6 with TiVo.

0 Kudos
Fox35
Up to speed
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

How do you change this back to V6?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

you can't revert back its a one way process
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello

The only way that I have heard of is speaking to CS and getting a replacement V6 box, as once the Horizon software is installed VM cannot install the V6 Tivo software onto the box.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
robertbramble41
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'd like to add sometimes if try to add a recording it'll say the box is offline while I'm using the box and the box will also freeze for 10-15 seconds. With all that's been removed the 360 UX is like using one of those cheap Android boxes. I would like to know if they'll listen to us, make changes or will they just ignore us?

0 Kudos