cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Box displays connection error and deletes all recordings on reboot

PW10
Joining in

Installed 360 Box about 3 weeks ago. It is connected to the Hub via an ethernet cable.

After some teething problems, including twice deleting all my recordings it appeared to settle down.

However, after an outage on 15th August, when starting the Box it displayed a connection error (between Hub and internet) and the Home page was not displayed. There was clearly no connection  issue as I was able to use other devices perfectly well.

On rebooting the Hub this message then went away and the Home page was partially displayed and other Menu options were very slow and only partially displayed.

I then rebooted the 360 box which resulted in the Menu pages displaying again but all my recordings were deleted yet again!

Can anyone help resolve this for me as I spend more time trying to get everything to work than actually watching TV!

12 REPLIES 12

roy247
Superstar

If the 360 is deleting your recordings it's a sign that the box is faulty, especially if it's done it more than once. You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

You can also try a factory reset of the 360, if you haven't got any recordings you might as well go for the format disk option and if or 'when' the box deletes everything again then phone Virgin.

To factory reset go to Settings > System > Factory Reset.

It's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options,

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choosing Keep Recordings, means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links
you've set up, you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again, also Match
frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

As the recording's information is held on Virgin's server and if you do have a bad network connection with menu's loading slowly you could try a different ethernet cable and port on the hub or try removing the ethernet cable and connecting by Wi-Fi to see if that improves things.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @PW10 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced an issue with your service and a big thank you to roy247 for their help so far.

Can I ask if you are able to ensure the set top box is turned on for us and I'll be happy to run some checks on our side? 

PW10
Joining in

Hi Ashleigh. The Set top box is on now of you want to run some tests.

Thank you much @PW10 and that's great.

Can I ask if you are able to navigate the following steps: Saved>Recordings>See All>Manage Storage

From here can you see if 'Auto delete when space needed’ is selected to ‘Off’

PW10
Joining in

Hi Ashleigh. Yes, I set this to 'Off' after viewing other members posts when my recordings were deleted previously.

Thank you @PW10 and I'm so sorry tis issue occurred even after the page was changed. 

I think it would be best we get an engineer out to check the box, I will pop you a Private Message so we can arrange this. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Hello again @PW10 

Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit for your set top box – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the My VM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment

Hi,

The engineer came and I explained what has been going on.

We talked it through and agreed to stick to the current box for now.

However the very next day I am having issues again. It only partially displays details off the Home menu, loses my iPlayer account so I have to set this up again and it doesn't allow me to watch catch up displaying message CS2300 Playback not possible.

My recordings have not been deleted but I have not rebooted the box.

Please can you book an engineer to install another box as this looks like the only option left to me.

Thanks and regards,

Peter Ward.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, PW10.

Thanks for all the posts and your updates on this issue, sorry to see it's still ongoing.

We've found that the outage from the 16th of August is still present and causing the problems with your missing bits on the menu and on screen errors when trying to access an App or play something on catch-up or on-demand.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this, based on our updates this is set to be resolved by Aug. 28th after 2pm where all broadband connection and TV related issues will be restored.

Could you please tell us what was discussed with our technician upon the last visit and if they mentioned whether another appointment would be booked for this purpose?

You may monitor this and let us know if you're still experiencing issues after the outage in the area has cleared, as seen here.

We'll be eager to assist further.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs